Part 2

Karan did not know why he had written a reply to the chit in the book. He tossed and turned in the bed multiple times now. It was 1 am and sleep was far away from his eyes. He had discovered a new feeling in himself. He did not know who the girl was, from where did she come or why did he do the thing that seemed so stupid to him right now. He was the person who always ran away from books and situations had so turned that he had to enter the library to hide for a hilarious reason. And there, this all had happened. It felt strange to him in this hour. Did he do something stupid? Or was it not that bad?

He got up and sat on his bed holding his forehead. This was such a brainless act. What should he do now? He gave out a sigh. Now nothing could be done and on the other hand, he wanted to know if the girl would reply to him with another letter or would ignore his reply like she had almost ignored his presence in the library? But whatever be it. Curiosity had made its home in his heart to know what would happen next.

He smiled again. A 30-year-old was behaving like a teenager. The same feeling last time he had was when he used to wait for his crush to look back and smile at him. The texts and conversations he always spammed her, having known that it was a frantic act, he used to wait for her answers. The same thing was happening now. The thing he had done today in the library was making him eccentric on what would be the person's reaction. He gave out a blow of air from his mouth and looked here and there. This was insane. Dating several girls in all these years just to know that he had that compatibility with them or not, never made him feel like the breeze of an unknown girl whose even face he had not seen. First love and true love are those types which a person can never even try to forget in his life. Those remain special and always special. And this was the same feeling.

He lay on his bed and closed his eyes again, this time with a carefree smile lingering on his lips.

The next day, he knowingly entered the library at the same time he had the earlier day. Lily aunty flashed a smile to him because in her thoughts Karan had entered the library a second time too. Whatever may be the reason, according to her, the visitors here were becoming constant after her TP. He in response gave an awkward smile to her and went to the corner shelf like yesterday. According to his calculation, he had arrived there a little late than yesterday so thinking that the girl would have gone from there and they wouldn't encounter each other. He knew that his inner self was dying to meet her, to see her, but his brain warned him that it wasn't a good time.

He calmed himself down and stood in front of the shelf looking for the same book. It stood there in the same condition it was yesterday. It seemed to be untouched and was kept the same he had left there. He furrowed his eyebrows and picked up the book again. He opened it and found the chit inside. And much to his disappointment, it remained there, completely untouched. He gave out a sigh. That means he did not come here today. He looked outside. The sun was drowning in the horizon. And it was the library closing time now. And there was no way she would come today. He sadly kept the book in its place again and moved out of the library with a dejected expression.

His office being just a few hundred meters away from the library, he had got a reason to profess his actions trying to find his way to the same place again and again. And, the same thing happened the next three days too. He would go to the library at the end of the day and would find the book and the chit inside it kept as it is.

Here, Tejasswi was a full-time engineer with a 9 to 3 job and would do overtime some days, so as to kill her loneliness. Also, she did not have another way anyways. But whenever she found her way to the library, her happiness would go limitless. Her world had turned so small. Her home, her dogs, her office, library, and the little Sofia were only her reason for living...she could say. Because she never had anything else to do. She hated parties, she hated gossips, she hated get-togethers, she hated night-outs and homestays, and this was the reason she did not earn any friends in her life.