Part 5

"All your fault..." McGonagall screamed at Hermione. 

"Be more responsible..." Dumbledore was chastising her. 

"The brightest witch of your age...?" Flitwick sighed. 

"I expected more from you..." Sprout exclaimed. 

"I always knew you would show your true self..." Snape shook his head. 

Poor Hermione looked like she wanted to burst into tears. Draco had eavesdropped enough. 

"STOP!" He shrieked, bursting into the room. "It isn't Hermione's fault she gave m-my... friend the time turner, who gave it to me. My friend in Slytherin was irresponsible, it was HIM!"

"Who was it?" Hermione's doe eyes locked on Draco's beautiful grey ones. 

"I can't tell you." Draco looked embarrassed. "Anyway, I'm sorry for interrupting but it isn't Hermione's fault that I fainted. That's it." Draco left as quick as he had come. 

Hermione smiled faintly. 

"We'll discuss this." McGonagall said, shutting her eyes for a second. "You are dismissed, Hermione. Go back to Lunch."

Hermione left quickly. Draco was like... It was like he was being nice!

No way. Absolutely not.

Impossible.

Draco Lucius Malfoy?

A Slytherin?

Okay, that's stereotyping.

But still?

Draco?

Nice?

Um...

Hermione said all of it to Ron and Harry during Lunch, on purposely leaving out the part where she suspected Draco was her partner. 

"He's kind of your knight in shining armor." Harry laughed. Hermione laughed as well, beaming at Harry. However, Ron looked angry. Angry. He stared daggers at Draco. 

"That Malfoy! He's SEDUCING YOU!"

Hermione burst out laughing. "No, he was genuine." She gazed dreamily into Draco's direction. Draco turned around at the same time, and brown eyes met grey. Hermione blinked rapidly and quickly turned the other way. Draco did the same, almost smiling. 

Ron looked reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally mad. Mainly at Draco, but also Hermione for believing he was true. Ron scoffed.

"Hermione," he hissed to her. "That Malfoy - I want you to ignore him."

Hermione raised an eyebrow.

He grabbed her face threateningly. Hermione gasped. She could smell his chicken breath. "Listen, Hermione! Am I your best friend?"

"Y-Yes, Ron." (A/N: Yes Hermione's speech is malfunctioning at the sight of Ron 🙄  So typical)

"Then trust me on this! I only want the best for you, 'Mione."

Hermione shook free of his hand. "Okay, Ron! Okay! I will NEVER compromise you." She agreed.

As soon as Lunch was over, she ran to Fred and George who were 'chilling' in the Gryffindor Common Room to compromise Ron. 

"Fred! George!"

Fred and George smiled. 

"What is it, our friend?" Fred asked.

"Need a hand?"

"Maybe to prank our dear brother?"

"Splash him with paint?"

"Give him pink-coloured hair?"

"Kill him? That's okay with me."

"Me too!"

"Exactly what I was thinking." Hermione replied mischievously. "What have you got? Just a little revenge. He's too controlling."

"Exactly what I was thinking!" Fred exclaimed.

"No, ME!" George said. 

"It was me FIRST." 

"It was ME FIRST! Stop pretending!"

"Just shut up, the both of you! Otherwise I'll tell everyone about how you peed in your pants last year, George, and when you lost a bet and dressed up as a clown, Fred."

Their mouths were sealed. 

"What do you have in your precious little store?" Hermione asked.

Fred and George made mmh noises and pointed to their mouths. 

Hermione rolled her eyes. "You are unmuted." She said.

"Canary Creams?" George suggested.

"Perfect." Hermione said and turned to leave. "I trust you'll get it done."

She turned back when she reached the door. "Hold on - what are canary creams?"

Fred slung an arm around Hermione. "Oh, my dear friend. You have a lot to learn."

"I'm up for it."

                                                                      ***

Five hours, 101 pranks, and 3 tutorials later, Hermione emerged from the Common Room weary, exhausted and annoyed. Fred and George, however, were bright as ever, humming happily. 

The next day, a bird waddled into the Great Hall, causing everyone to burst out laughing - and ruining Ron's chances of ever getting a girlfriend again at Hogwarts. 

"What did he do to ever deserve that?" Harry wailed, pitying his friend. 

Ron squawked, nodding. Accidentally, Ron tripped and his lunch was pushed into Harry Potter's face. Harry's eyes widened and he groaned, shaking off the mashed potatoes.

"Yes, he did something to deserve that. For sure." Harry snorted. 

Hermione giggled a little bit. 

For Ron's IQ, it was surprising even he didn't know that Fred and George did it.

The Professors, however...

"We didn't come up with the idea!" Fred protested.

"She's anonymous!" George insisted.

"She?" McGonagall raised an eyebrow. "Who? Your little sister?"

"No! He- I mean, HEEEEEHEEEEHEEE..." Fred blurted. 

"Screw you, Fred." George muttered.

"Screw you."

"No, screw YOU!"

"SCREW YOU!!!!!!"

Soon, the Weasley twins were having a 'screw you' match.

The End.

(A/N: Just Kidding. Hope you've liked it so far? It's kind of short, but I'm hoping to have 

1) More updates

2) MORE INTERESTING STUFF

3) More wOrDs

And yeah. Shoutout to my friend's friend you know who you are lmao  Ik this is cringey sometimes but eh. learn to deal with it ppl, if u like the plottttt . k ive wasted enough of ur time ._. bye bye ppl)