07 ❀ In Which She Is His Girlfriend

Start from the beginning

     "We've been at their house since eight hours Brie," Sirius smiled amused at the grumpy girl beside him, "And you spent the most time with Harry, not even Lily did. Besides we also had something important to do."

    Sirius said as he raised their interwined hands up, bringing a brightly shining diamond ring in  Bryony's finger, as she again glanced at it, her heart fluttered, "I love my engagement ring."

    The two, after dating for three years, got engaged when Sirius proposed to her to marry him, and ofcourse she said yes and now she is in love with her engagement ring.

    "Oh ow!" Bryony yelped as the her and Sirius by mistake bumped into a rather fat, broad and ugly man, who held a baby boy in his arms who couldnt be more than an year old. Bryony quickly apologised, "I am sorry, sir. Are you two alright?"

    "Can't you watch where you're going!? My boy could have gotten hurt!" The man suddenly started yelling roughly, making Bryony flinch while Sirius' jaw clenched tightly, "She said sorry, besides you should not stand here, its the walking area."

    "Sirius, let it go—" Bryony tried to sush him but was interrupted by the man suddenly starting to yell very badly and his son letting out a really ugly cry at which Bryony held a horrendous reaction while trying to stop Sirius from jumping on the man and smashing his head.

    "Vernon dear! What's happening?" A female shrilly voice came from behind which Bryony found extremely familiar as her breath hitched and stomach dropped.

    A tall and slender woman with shoulder length black hair, rushed to her yelling husband and wailing son trying to sush them both while Bryony watched the woman from behind with a tightening feeling in the chest.

    Unknowingly, Bryony's slightly shaking hand reached to the woman's shoulder as she breathed out, "Tuney?"

    The woman halted and Bryony felt her go stiff, slowly the woman turned around facing Bryony with wide eyes and a parted mouth. Bryony's both hands clamped on her mouth as she saw the woman's face, that was her sister, Petunia!

     Meanwhile Sirius stared at his fiance frowning, Tuney? That name rang somehwere in a faint memory, and then he realised. It was a Bryony and Lily's elder sister, Petunia. He never actually met her before, this was the first time he was seeing her, but he knew her very well already, he knew how the woman had treated his fiance in her childhood, and he absolutely hated her.

    Whereas Bryony couldnt believe she was seeing her sister after three years and never did she expect to find a husband and kid with her. A lot had passed in these three years, after their graduation, Mr. and Mrs. Evans died, Bryony and Lily had to live in the wizarding world with their constantly changing addresses due to the having joined the order so both the sisters never really got to meet or hear from their elder sister at all.

    In Lily's wedding, an invitation was sent to Petunia but she ofcourse didnt came, upon Lily's insistence both the twins went to their old house to check on Petunia but they didnt find her there, the neighbours said Petunia sold the house and left. It was clear Petunia didnt want to see her sisters ever again.

    Lily cried a lot for several nights on losing all contacts with her elder sister whereas Bryony, on the other hand, claimed she was very happy without Petunia's intrusion in their lives, but both Lily and Sirius knew Bryony was masking it, after losing her parents, losing her sister hurt Bryony too but she never showed it.

    And now after three years, Bryony couldnt believe her eyes, there stood her sister, with a baby and a husband, a tearful chuckle with moist eyes, left Bryony's throat, "Oh my god, Tuney!"