Chapter 1: The Beauty

Yeosang always loved flowers, his grandmother, Helena, owned a flower shop cafe and has let Yeosang work there ever since his father passed away. His grandmother worked on the coffee side and Yeosang worked on the flowers. Helena always said that Yeosang looks like his father. Although she never mentioned Yeosang's mother which always made him curious about her. He remembers the day she picked him up early from school, he had just turned eleven.

FLASHBACK

"Yeosang, I know this is sudden... but it's your father..." His grandmother trails off. Yeosang can feel his heart drop.

"What happened grandma?" Yeosang asked, feeling tears swell up, sensing the tense atmosphere.

"He's in the hospital, there was a car accident." Helena said, as she started driving to the hospital, "Don't worry Yeo, he will be okay." Helena glances at Yeosang seeing him stare out the window, trying to hide the tears running down his face. They arrived at the hospital quickly, rushing to the receptionist's desk.

"I need to see my son, he was just brought in!" Helena says the panic rising in her voice.

"Name?" The receptionist asks.

"Kang Joonsan." She responds.

"Room 615." The receptionist responds. Yeosang made a mental note of the room number being the same as his birthday. They rush to the room as quick as possible. Yeosang runs through the door only to see his father hooked up to a machine that buzzes and beeps every time he breathes.

"Oh my Gods..." His grandmother says as she rushes to her son's side grabbing his hand. "Yeosang come to your fathers side."

Yeosang walks to his father's other side, wrapping his hand around his fathers fingers. Suddenly the doctor walks in.

"Are you his mother?" The doctor glances at Yeosang's grandmother.

"Yes." She responds. "How is my son? Will he be okay? He has to be okay."

"Ma'am I am doctor Kim." The doctor responds calmly, glancing at Yeosang then back at Helena. "We should discuss his condition outside."

Yeosang's eyes follow his grandmother and the doctor as they leave the room, then glancing back to his father who is covered in cuts and bruises. He begins to openly weep at the potential of losing his father. This being the first time he has sobbed this hard since he can remember. He then hears the door click as the doctor returns with his grandmother whose eyes were red from crying. She approaches Yeosang.

"Hey Sangie... we need to talk about your dad." She says softly.

"Is he going to be ok?" Yeosang asks quietly.

"Yes he will be okay... he just won't be with us anymore. He will be okay... somewhere else. So you are going to come live with me from now on okay?" She says as quiet as a mouse, placing her hand in his hair.

"But I don't want to! I want to live with Dad. Dad come on wake up, don't make me go with her. I want you to be okay here! I NEED YOU TO BE OKAY HERE!"

END OF FLASHBACK

.

Yeosang feels a tap on his shoulder. Turning to see his grandmother. "I think about him too, but you better get back to work. These bouquets aren't going to make themselves." She says, wiping a tear from his cheek.

"Will do granny." Yeosang says, clearing his throat before returning to work.

Yeosang was working on a bouquet requested by a regular customer who always surprises her wife with flowers on the 1st of the month. This month being February, she wanted roses, and poppy's in the bouquet. Yeosang was always careful when bundling the flowers, he thought of it like an art form, each flower a paint stroke that comes together to make a masterclass painting.