Chapter 8: Scarlet By Your Side (2/2)

Recap from last chapter
Kazuma caught a cold and have a fever. Which lead to Flandre snuck into his bed to sleep with him, Remilia about to commit sexual harassment which cause her to hide inside the closet, Patchouli feed potion to Kazuma by mouth to mouth and now she is hiding under his bed after hearing Meiling coming. Now continue...

Kazuma's POV

Ugh... I just had the weirdest fucking dream... I'm pretty sure I saw Shun (Kazuma's little sister) return... then someone found my secret stash under my bed... after that I got force fed some drugs...

Kazuma: "mm...ugh..."

Something smells good... a pleasant smell. I think I've smelled something similar before, I can feel something is touching my forehead...

I slowly open my eyes...

Kazuma: "...! M-M-Mei-Meiling!?"

Meiling's face is right in front me, she is very close, I can feel her breathing. She also noticed me waking up, our eyes met and look at each other for about 5 seconds. Then she let out a soft smile... she looks... beautiful with that smile... I can't help but blushed...

Meiling: "Good morning, Kazuma"

Kazuma: "G-good morning..."

Meiling: "Hehe... it's actually not morning anymore dummy"

She slowly backs away from me, but her smile is still keeping on her

Kazuma: "O-okay, uh... sorry for making you guys worry"

Meiling: "Don't say stuffs like that Kazuma. You did a lot for us and it is natural for us to repay the kindness."

Kazuma: "But... I didn't really do much actually... but still, thank you for taking care of me"

Meiling: "Stop belittling yourself now, you provided us shelter and food , you bought Remilia Oujo-sama new clothes, you resolved the conflict between Remilia Oujo-sama and Flan-sama and you've become a... precious friend of mine... who spar with me and can spend time with"

I can't help but blushed after hearing what Meiling said... I'm her...precious friend...

Meiling: "Mmm? Kazuma, your face is a bit red, did your fever come back up?"

Meiling suddenly get very close to me, then use her forehead to touch mine to test the temperature, my heart skipped a beat when she did that.

Meiling: "Hmm... doesn't seem to be fever..."

Kazuma: "W-wait! M-Meiling!?"

Meiling: "Mm? Yea?"

Kazuma: "Y-you're a bit t-too close!"

Our eyes met again, she also blushed a bit but managed to calm herself down. Then she show her smile again, but this time is more of a smug

Meiling: "Ara... don't tell me... Kazuma, you are embarrassed?"

Kazuma: "Y-yes... aren't you too?"

Meiling: "Eh? I-I didn't expect you to admit to it... well, I'm... actually a bit embarrassed... but I reminded myself that I am doing it for you to feel better, and there's nothing to be embarrassed about nursing a sick person"