Everyone started to panic as they realized the girls were missing.

Meanwhile, the two teens trotted towards the mountains.

Looking back at the now silent Encanto, they continued on, walking past the mountain that spilt into two.

The sun shone gently towards the town. But there was no joy. There was no excitement. There was no chatter.
The Encanto, once filled with joy and seemingly laughter, was now filled with gloomy silence after Casita broke down.

It has been a day after the girls disappeared.

The Madrigals have already left to search for Mirabel and Miranda. None of them got a blink sleep after they went missing.

"They haven't found her yet?" A kid asked. Her two companions nodded slowly as they somberly walked away from the remains of Casita.

"Mirabel! Miranda!" Camilo called.
He can't stand even the thought of his two best friends disappearing without a trace. He held back tears as he continued to search for them.

"Girls! Where are you?" Felix shouted.

Dolores tried to listen to them, but she gave up, knowing that her gift is gone.

"Mirabel! Miranda!" Julieta and Agustin yelled.
With no sign of them, they started to give up.

(Meanwhile)

Mirabel sat down beside a river, hugging her knees. Miranda sat next to her, her eyes still glowing.
"Should we run away?" Mirabel asked, lifting her head up slightly.

Her face was covered in tear streaks and her eyes were red and puffy from crying.

"If anyone should be running away, that should be me." Miranda replied with a raspy voice. "I don't belong here."
"Don't say that." Mirabel sobbed, scooting closer to her. "I need you, Miranda."

Hearing the bushes around them rustling, they looked behind to find a frowning Abuela.

"Girls.."

A small gust of wind blew as Mirabel sighed, hiding her face in her knees.

"We're sorry..." She murmured.
"We didn't want to hurt us."

"We just wanted to be...someone we're not." Miranda choked, letting out a small flame of fire from her mouth again. "I'll go away after this. You don't want me here anyways, and who am I to deny the will of the great and almighty leader of the Encanto?"

Abuela's frown melted into a somber expression. Sitting down beside them, she stared at the river.
"I was never able to come back here." Abuela sighed. "This river is where we were given our miracle."

The two girls looked up.

"Where Abuelo Pedro..." Mirabel mumbled.

"I thought I would live a different life. I thought I could be a different woman."
Holding Abuela and Mirabel's hands, Miranda ensured them her gift was still available. So, her eyes started to glow again, but this time, it was back to turquoise.

(Play Dos Oruguitas but Miranda is in it, seeing everything as a vision)

"I was given a miracle. A second chance. And I was so afraid to lose it, that I lost sight of who our miracle was for. And I am so sorry.... You never hurt our family."