Chapter 1: Worlds Collide

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Serena sighed at his words, but smiled nonetheless. She lightly touched the blue ribbon at her chest as she locked eyes with Ash, laughing as he and Pikachu pumped their fists in excitement once more. "I'm glad you're excited, Ash. I am, too. You deserve this."

"You deserve to have fun and challenge showcases again, too. We'll win our challenges together!" Ash promised, taking her hand as they began to move again. This time, they walked, Ash managing to hold himself back from running again. It was tempting, too, as he was pretty sure he noticed a Dunsparce in the bushes up ahead.

They walked in silence for a few minutes, the sounds of the forest calming Ash somewhat. There were few things like travelling from city to city through forests full of Pokemon. He could hear them in the skies and in the trees. They reminded him of all of his previous adventures, and made him look forward to what lay ahead. There was something familiar about the area they were in, though, that made him look around curiously.

"Do you recognize this area?" he asked, pausing and glancing at a narrow path to their right that veered away from the larger one that led towards Shalour City.

Serena smiled immediately, staring at the path. "Yeah! That heads to Reflection Cave." She elbowed Ash playfully. "Remember? Where you promised we'd always be together?"

Ash frowned. "Did I say that?"

"What?! You don't remember?" Serena gaped at him. "After we got you out of that mirror world I asked you if we'd be together from then on. I didn't necessarily mean...well...what's happened since, but-"

Ash laughed, leading Serena towards the path. "Of course I remember, Serena. Let's go check out it out for old time's sake!"

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Serena squeaked out, struggling to keep up as Ash took off.

"Sure, why not?" Ash said. "We'll just have a look around. Who knows? Maybe we'll see some cool Pokemon there!"

Serena sighed, apparently accepting the idea, and the two continued on the path for a few minutes. Before too long, the trees thinned out somewhat, and the ground became a little rockier. Then, up ahead, Ash noticed the outer edges of the cave. He picked up his speed once more, Serena letting go of him so she could go at her own pace. Ash stopped once at the entrance, looking up and remembering their last visit.

"It was a pretty crazy day back then, wasn't it Pikachu?" Ash asked, grinning up at his partner. "Who would've thought another me would come out of a different world and take you? Luckily it was just an accident and we cleared it all up!"

"Pika!" Pikachu said in agreement, staring ahead into the darkness of the cave. Ash followed his gaze, pretty sure he could see the reflections from the mirror-like crystals inside.

"It is quite beautiful in there, isn't it?" Serena whispered as she came up behind Ash. "Do you think there are other mirrors that open up to other worlds in there?"

"Maybe," Ash said. "The one I went through seemed to be moving. That's what led to me nearly being stuck...or falling into that void."

Serena shuddered at the thought. "That was scary," she murmured. "Although we were able to control it a little to help you get back through."

"I wonder if we could control another one," Ash said, looking thoughtfully at the many mirror-like crystals ahead. "Think of all the places we could go!"

"I'd rather not risk it," Serena said with a laugh.

Ash rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. "Yeah, I guess you're right. Do you want to have a look around or-"