08: Breaking point

Start from the beginning

Miranda could clearly tell she was hiding her annoyance, but to no avail.

"So we should just hug! Let's hug it out, eh?" She continued, stretching out her arms. Miranda stayed silent, still searching for her cousin.

"Hug. It. Out?" Isabela hissed. Her bed started to lower down.

"Luisa can't lift and empanada. Mariano's nose looks like a smashed papaya." she growled, smashing a flower in her hand.
"Have you lost your mind?" She screamed.

Turning towards Miranda, her rage softened a little. "Miranda, what are you doing here?"

"Oh, I was just checking in to see how you are doing.." She replied, smiling. "You must be stressed."
Isabela smiled back slightly before glaring at Mirabel again.

Smacking her lips, Mirabel started to walk closer.
"Isa, I feel like you're upset. And you know what cures being upset? A warm embrace!" Her tracks were blocked by vines so she wouldn't get anywhere nearer. A flower popped into Mirabel's mouth to silence her.

Miranda stood beside her, watching quietly.
"Get. Out." Isabela snarled. "Everything was perfect. Abuela was happy, the family was happy, you want to be a better sister? Apologize for ruining my life."
Mirabel furrowed her eyebrows and glared at her in discontempt.

"Go on, apologize." She whispered with a smug grin.

"Uh, Isa?" Miranda cringed, not wanting to get in between the fight.
"Not now, prima." Isa snapped back, trying not to scare her already frightened cousin.

Hearing the cracks worsen, Mirabel glared at Isabela.
"I.... am.... sorry." She mumbled, swallowing her pride.

Isa's grin grew fatter.

"That your life is soooo great!" Mirabel growled.

"Out." Isabela demanded, summoning a vine to pull Mirabel out.
Miranda stood in her place, not knowing what to do.

"Fine! I apologize!" Mirabel yelled, trying to get away from the vines.

"I wasn't trying to ruin your life! Some of us have bigger problems, you selfish, entitled, princess!"

Miranda and Isabela gasped in shock.
"Selfish?!" Isabela screamed.

"I've been stuck being perfect, my whole entire life, and literally, the only thing you have ever done for me is mess things up! And only Miranda, out of our entire family understands me because she's the only one who asked if I was okay!" She roared, pointing at Miranda, who was frozen in horror and pity by the burdens she was carrying all this time. The chains of perfection.

"Nothing is messed up! You can still marry that big, dumb hunk!" Mirabel yelled back.
"I never wanted to marry him! I was doing it for the family!" Isabela screamed.

A cactus popped out of the floor.
Isabela stared at the new, green plant she created, completely dumbfounded.
"Oh my gosh, Isa, that is a very serious confession." Mirabel sighed.  "Okay, I'm ready. Bring it in." She opened her arms, expecting a hug.

Isabela continued to stare at the cactus, frozen.

"You guys okay?" Miranda asked, running towards the sisters. She also noticed the cactus, making her freeze with Isa beside her.

"Uh, girls?" Mirabel questioned.

(Play What Else Can I Do but Miranda is having the time of her life with Isabela.)