Chapter 50: Welcome to Morioh.

Start from the beginning

"Gentlemen, I present to you (Y/N) Zeppeli. She will assist us in this investigation.

- So you're the famous Stand User Mr. Joestar told us about!" a young boy with gray hair exclaimed. "My name is Koichi! Hirose Koichi!

- Nice to meet you, Koichi. I see you've oversold me a little Joseph?

- Not at all, not at all. I just told them that one of my Stand User friends was going to join the investigation.

- And that your power was unmatched", a young man with dark green hair sighed, examining her from top to bottom. "Well, that remains to be proven.

- I hope not to disappoint any expectation, sir...?

- Rohan. Rohan Kishibe. What do you mean, you don't know my name where you're from?

- I should?

- My God. What a lack of culture.

- Don't listen to him!" one of the teenagers exclaimed. "He's a killjoy.

- Nobody asked you, Josuke Higashikata", Rohan hissed between clenched teeth.

"He's always like that", Josuke sighed.

"I'm Okuyasu!!!" the teenager who hadn't been able to contain his admiration a few minutes earlier exclaimed.

"Well, it's nice to meet you."

She'd just arrived yet she was getting a lot of attention, which amused her a lot. And since her arrival, she had perfectly succeeded in ignoring the presence of the only man who hadn't dared to speak, the one who was trying somehow to manage his inner panic, a little too pale to pretend to feel good.

"Well?" Josuke said. "Why don't you introduce yourself, Jotaro?

- Oh, no need", (Y/N) said in a suddenly colder voice. "We already know each other."

Only then, she decided to meet Jotaro's ocean gaze. He immediately looked away and cleared his throat before glaring at Joseph.

"... grandpa, I'll have a couple words to tell you.

- Oh, later Jotaro, later. First I have to go and book (Y/N)'s hotel room."

And with these words, Joseph disappeared inside the hotel. The three teenagers apologized for having to leave so early to go to class. (Y/N) greeted them, she would see them soon enough anyway. For his part, after examining her from top to bottom, Rohan turned on his heels and walked away without another word. He looked hateful, and yet at that moment she would have preferred him to stay rather than leave her alone with Jotaro. She looked up at him reluctantly and he cleared his throat before pulling his white cap over his eyes. Obviously, there were old habits that were harder to die than others.

"... what are you doing here?" he finally asked.

"... what do you mean, what am I doing here? It's obvious.

- ... are you here for the investigation?

- Why are you asking this? You need me, right?

- ... no, no more than anyone else, I-

- Wait, wait, wait... I came because your grandfather told me that you wanted help with this investigation.

- But I never said that.

- ... eh?

- Wait, he's the one who-

- Oh merda..."

She understood immediately how much Joseph had made fun of her to be sure to lure her to Morioh. Jotaro clenched his jaw and growled in Japanese between his teeth. And without consulting each other, they tumbled at the same time to the hotel reception where Joseph had a little difficulty reserving a room, as if to save time away from his grandchildren. But seeing them enter, clearly annoyed, he preferred to play the card of the fragile and innocent old grandpa.