۵ Chapter 9 ۵ (The New Version)

Start from the beginning

Maybe I should try and spend more time with the others. I don't think I've spent time alone with anyone other than Sonic, but then again being with just him is weirdly easy which is kinda... scary. I don't really know what I could do with the others. Sticks has some... interesting interests, and I'm not really big on dumpster diving or conspiracy theories, though I did go through a period when I read every single one of them. Knuckles from my understanding really likes nature. He could probably show me the island more, though I've gotten the impression that he likes being alone while in nature. Tails has his invention thing going on and that's honestly something I can really get into. It's been quite a while since I've bonded with someone while inventing. I just think I should first finish up with the weapon thing. That way he sees I can actually come up with good ideas. Amy isn't like Sticks. In fact, she's the complete opposite, and that's not really my style either. I do believe she likes reading. Maybe I could ask her for some book recommendations, though there's a chance she's into something I don't really care for. Then again, she did say I should get out my comfort zone more.

While I've been dwelling in my thoughts, my surroundings have changed from that of the sandy beach to a coastal area that's filled with trees and other foliage. I really hadn't even realized that I had entered the jungle, and to be honest, I'm not even sure I'm around the coast anymore, as all around me are tall trees and green plants. The sky above me is blocked by the massive leaves of the tall trees and the ground is clear of any real paths. Well, all paths excluding one.

In front of me is what seems like a wall of plants. Many of them are taller than me, and I have no idea how deep it could be. It honestly kinda looks like a cornfield, only with trees growing out of it here and there, and the plants are much closer together. In the middle of all the tall vegetation is a narrow gap that seems a lot like a path. I have no clue where it could lead, but something about it seems intriguing. Not really wanting to claw my way through the surrounding plants, I decide to follow it to wherever it leads.

The gap between the plants is just enough for me to walk in without them touching me. At first, and for quite a while, the vegetation remains the same shade of green. However, as I keep getting further in, there slowly begin to appear new colors. At first, I notice something yellow hanging from the plants, and as I look closer, I come to realize that they are flowers. Small, yellow flowers that grow on thin vines that surround the larger plants. The next flowers I come across are orange, and these ones are much bigger. Instead of them twining around the plants, these ones pop up from the empty spots between the plants. Then there are similar red flowers, though these have more petals than the orange ones. After those come purple flowers that hang above me like large umbrellas. As I observe them, I come to realize the sky is no longer blocked by the large leaves of the jungle, meaning this path must've taken me out of the forest and into some sort of field. Following those are some blue flowers that weirdly remind me of butterflies. While more and more flowers start appearing around me, I realize the plants are slowly becoming shorter. Soon they're about my height meaning I could soon see exactly where I am. Similarly, I notice that the ground isn't exactly flat but slightly slanted, meaning I've been slowly walking higher and higher without even realizing. As the plants finally reach my eyes, I immediately stop and stand as high as I can. My head pops up above the plants and my eyes widen as I see the colorful sea of flowers. In the direction I'm headed is a hillock that is noticeably taller than anything surrounding it. Without a second thought, I dive back into the flowers and run toward it.

Almost flying through the colors and passing by all the wonderous smells, I sprint my way to the hillock and climb on top of it. Panting once I reach the top, my eyes widen as my jaw almost falls to the ground. On the other side of the hill is a sea of flowers just as massive as the one I just ran through. The whole area surrounding me is just flowers. Different shades of almost every color are visible somewhere, and as wind brushes against them it makes it look like there are waves. It's something straight out of a dream. The tree line of the forest is equally as far away on all the sides and from where I just ran, I can even see the ocean.