chapter three: he kills the sadness inside of you.

Start from the beginning

You slide your fingers towards your phone, glimpsing at the sight of it, perched up against the couch, before you crept your fingers closer to it, only to hesitantly pull away. Your body remained hesitant, only for another part of your consciousness to yearn for you to do so. You listen to your consciousness, sliding your fingers against your phone, and slinking it closer to your chest. You shift your eyes from the phone to your tv, finding slight pleasure in the avatar.

Conflicted, you head to your contacts, glancing at Eren's before you hesitantly called his phone, burying your face within your kneecaps as you waited for him to respond, only for him to pick up in less than thirty seconds. The moment you heard his voice peer against your ear, as your living room light licked upon the walls, you shift yourself, glancing at the bleakness within the outside world. Selfishness overwhelmed your being. It was rather dark, yet here you sat, almost attempting to ask him to settle at your home, for the first time, though he could have potentially been resting within his home.

"Hey, Y/n. What's up? You're not one to randomly call in the middle of the night. You lean more towards text," You chuckle at his words, removing your head from your knees as he requested for you to FaceTime him — he had always done so. But, each time he had done it, you couldn't help but feel yourself grow somewhat flustered at the sight of his beautiful face.

"I just wanted to talk to you, Eren. I don't know what it is, but sometimes, I need to just want to know how you are doing." Eren glances at your face through the screen, revealing the sight of himself perched upon his bed, the covers resting against his stomach. Judging by the sight of his bed, you could tell he was extremely comfortable in his position.

"I've gathered that by now. But from the look in your eyes, it seems you want something else. Do you want me to come over? You look lonely, Y/n." Eren advises, his eyes growing rather sullen as he glanced at the distant expression you smeared upon your face — only for you to gift him a gentle smile.

"I feel like you are a mind reader, Eren. I was going to ask if you were going to be able to come over tomorrow, but it seems you want it to be sooner. Are you sure you want to come over? I feel like you were just about to go to sleep, judging by how comfortable you look." The screen remains smitten with the view of Eren as he displays the empty side of his ample bed, leaning his phone against his side table before he gingerly spoke.

"I'll come over. Send me your location, I'll be on my way soon. I have nothing to do anyway, but I'll bring food for the two of us." Eren suggests, his viridian eyes rather light as he glimpses at you, rather smitten with the way your expression warmed at his words; a large smile dances against your lips in excitement.

"You're too kind, Eren. I can cook for you, too? Ooh! Don't forget to bring a new book over. I've finished the book you suggested for me to read. That book reminds me of the two of us." You exclaim, watching as he shifted against his bedsheets, allowing himself to lift the phone screen higher. He got out of the sheets, being careful to not expose you to his nudity.

"I'm surprised you finished that long book. I'll be ready soon, just stay awake. Be lucky it's a Friday not a Monday because I wouldn't be able to come as quick." Eren speaks, making sure he doesn't accidentally flash you, by allowing the camera to remain gifting you the sight of what appeared to be a penthouse.

"Okay, Mr rich man. Thank you for the view of your large bedroom. Let me sleep on your bed? It looks so comfortable." You tease him, observing as a blush slumbered on his cheeks, leaving you to chuckle at how flustered he was able to be. You somewhat loved it when his cheeks would age into a crimson hue, so far from desolate.

"I have guest rooms, too. If I ever let you 'round one day, I'll let you sleep in there, it's identical to my room. We'll just do whatever, I guess?" Eren elaborates, allowing the camera to rest on his face as he remained naked, readying himself to get off of the call with you.