Finally Over

Hey Sarge, remember me?
Pip stared at the text in awe.
He remembers me? Pip didn't know why she was so suprised. Ravi loved her and he wasn't afraid to show it. Why would he put that all behind him? She stared at the empty text box, waiting for her to reply.
You waited all this time for me?
No. Seems like she doesn't believe he would do that.
I love you so much!
No. Too straight forward.
Of course! How could I forget you?
She hit the send button.
He started typing immediately.
When can I see you?
Summer holidays were two days away.
I'm coming home for summer holidays! I need to see you asap! We can talk over the phone for now though
He was typing.
He stopped typing.
He was calling her.
Pip looked at his contact name.
She pressed the green button to answer the call.

"PIP!"

"RAVI! YOU HAVE NOW IDEA HOW MUCH I'VE NEEDED YOU THESE PAST TWO YEARS"

"Oh Pip..."

"What!?"

"I love you so much. Never forget that. I've been praying for this day since you left."

"And I love you too. It's been so hard without you. I completely isolated myself from the world. I have no friends here. I just thought of you and kept going. I need to see your face again. I need to hear your voice. And not through some crackly speaker."

"Pip?"

"Yes?"

"Never leave me again."

" I won't. I promise."

"That's all I need to hear."

"Ravi. I love you. Never let me do anything stupid. Like ever."

" Trust me. I won't."

"That's all I need to hear."

"Alright smarty pants. Nice to know you're still cocky as ever."

Pip smiled and rolled her eyes.

"Did you roll your eyes at me?"

"What? No. Why would I ever do that?" Pip said sarcastically. They spoke for a few hours.

***

Pip was driving along the road to her house. She couldn't wait to suprise her family. She got out and walked up to the front door. She took a deep breath before knocking. She waited. Anxiety pierced through her. Will they still love me? No, of course they will. They don't know you're a murderer. They never will. Don't worry.
Her mum opened they front door. She gasped.

"Pip! Oh my darling angel! What took you so long? Oh, I've missed you so much!" Her mum hugged her. Her dad and brother followed suit, joining the hug. She sat with her family and told them everything she had been doing at school. Which were mostly lies. She then went to the Singh's house. She sat outside in her car. Should she go in? She got out and rested her arm on the front gate. Just where she was 4 years ago before she first met Ravi. She was ready to see her boyfriend. Her soulmate. The person she wanted to spend the rest of her life with.  She was prepared.