Chapter 37: Silent Canary

Começar do início

Just yesterday, they had ended their rental contract for the minivan in order to pay off their dorm's housing bill, thanks to the CEO. All that had slipped Heeseung's mind during all of the chaos that took place later in the evening when Taehyun ended up in the hospital.

"Heeseung hyung, stop," Taehyun giggled. "Jihun hyung and Eunji sunbaenim are picking them up, remember? We're supposed to meet them at the HYBE building for our meetings with the psychologist."

"Oh." Heeseung flopped backward. "Damn you, Beomgyu."

"I didn't think you'd actually fall for it!"

Heeseung laughed, sitting up. "Did you take your meds today?"

Beomgyu froze, the gears in his brain slowly turning. "Oh... I don't know. I can't remember."

Taehyun rolled his eyes. "You haven't. I'm pretty sure you've forgotten every single day since you got them."

"That's not my fault!" Beomgyu exclaimed. "You were mad at me! How was I supposed to remember to take them by myself?"

Guilt flashed in Taehyun's eyes. He pursed his lips, taking Beomgyu's hand and leading him to the kitchen. "I'll buy you a calendar, okay? We'll hang it over the cupboard so you never forget."

Sunghoon joined Heeseung on the floor of the bedroom. "They're so cute," he grinned.

"Not as cute as you." Heeseung suddenly turned around, pinning a laughing Sunghoon to the ground.

***

"Dude." Daniel walked out of the psychologist's office, taking a seat in the hallway. "That was the most awkward conversation I've ever had in my entire life. Oh, by the way, Jungwon, it's your turn."

Jungwon stood up, glancing back apprehensively. "Woohoo. Can't wait."

He disappeared into the psychologist's office.

Taehyun crossed his arms, leaning forward to talk to Daniel. "There's such a large difference between the HYBE psychologist and the psychiatrist that we took Beomgyu to. Dr. Bhatt was so much more professional than this weirdo."

Heeseung nodded. "Yeah... I don't even know how this guy got his license. Also, he knew way too much about way too much."

"Literally." Jake shook his head. "I swear, he's a psychic, not a psychologist. He just looked at me and could immediately tell everything that was on my mind."

Taehyun awkwardly laughed. "Aye, sorry, guys. We wouldn't have had to do this if I hadn't tried to... You know."

"Don't worry about it," Sunghoon smiled. "We're almost done anyway. After Jungwon, it's just Soobin hyung, and Jay left to go, right?"

"Yep." Jay turned to face their youngest member. "Daniel, what did the psychologist say to you?"

"Uh... It was pretty weird," Daniel admitted. "You guys share first."

Jake shrugged. "Aight, bet. We'll go in order."

~

"Jake, you seem almost a little giddy right now. Are you high, or did you just get into a relationship?"

~

The psychologist smirked. "You into older guys, Ni-ki?"

~

"Yeonjun, do you think your alcoholism has-"

"I'm not talking about this with you."

"Mm, okay. How's your sex life with Soobin?"