Where Does That Foot Belong?

A/N: Photograph of Gabriel Coleman

North

I'm sure that I looked like a fish out of water as I stared back at Nathan, my head shaking in confusion. "My Uncle..." I stopped on a wheeze. My Uncle, who I'm sure had never brought a girl clothes before, was going out and buying my little Sang Baby outfits?

My eyes ran over the length of her once more and I felt the furious flush of my cheeks...sexy outfits?

 "Why the fuck..." My voice growled out softly, causing everyone to freeze around me, "Is my uncle buying you clothes like that?"

"Mr Taylor..." Mr Blackbourne's voice warned, his eyes flashing dangerously behind his glasses.

I glared, "I want to know why he would be buying her shit that makes her look hot! It's Uncle for fuck's sake."

"Yes," Baby suddenly bit out, "It was Uncle and if you would all think for a moment, you might realise that there are a lot of explanations. Such as..." She eyed me as though wanting to take a swing, "Your Uncle stood in the middle of Foxy Foe – embarrassed as all shit – until one of the assistants took pity on him and picked out a set of clothes in my size. All he did was stick them in a gift bag and write on the card."

"Oh," Was my eloquent answer as my brothers all started sniggering at my arrested expression.

I could see a reluctant smile tugging at Sang's mouth, "Proof that I must have really missed you, North Star. I'm not as annoyed as what I thought I would be."

I grinned, "Does that mean you won't kick my ass when I fuck up again?"

She giggled, "Maybe. Although I'm not sure how long you'll be safe." She wagged a finger at my face, "Try not to stick your foot in your mouth more than necessary."

Silas' hand clapped onto my shoulder, "Otherwise she'll break it off and stick it right up your ass, brother."

I pushed him away carefully, "Shut up!"

Sang just shook her head and walked over to Luke, "What were you after?"

He dropped the bacon packet onto a bench and swept her into a hug, "This will be fine, I think."

She laughed – so beautiful – and squeezed him back, the lucky bastard.

"So, Pookie...why on Earth haven't you changed this place?" Dr Green looked around, "It looks as empty now as what it did...a year ago." He stumbled over the last bit, obviously reading how upset it made Sang when we spoke about our comas.

She pulled away from Luke and sighed before stepping up behind Victor and Kota, her hands absentmindedly rising until they tangled within their hair. "I did make some changes," She paused, looking back at him, "The spare bedroom has been painted and I've added things but I just couldn't stand the thought of it being any different." Her eyes shifted to Mr Blackbourne, "Just like yours looks exactly like it did that day."

He coughed, "You've been in my house, Miss Sorenson?"

Her lips twitched with amusement, "Oh yes. I go once a week and dust." The look in her eyes had us fighting down laughter, "I also have been taking wonderful care of your car."

I thought that he was going to burst a vein as he peered into her sparkling green eyes, "You've been driving my car?"

Sang's tongue clicked against the roof of her mouth, "It drives wonderfully and is currently parked at the Taylor residence with all of the rest."

This time, I straightened, "What have you got stashed there?"

She shrugged, "Mr Blackbourne's car, both of yours, Kota's and some of my own toys."

"Not mine, Princess?" Victor practically purred as she continued to tug softly on his hair.

I saw something then, something I couldn't describe but what I thought might be terrified rage as she glanced down into Victor's suddenly upturned face. My Baby realised her hold on both of my brothers and crossed her arms as everything in her expression shut down.

"No, Victor. I don't have your car." She looked away for a short moment, "Your parents have it locked up tight."

"Peanut?" Nathan asked softly as we all peered back at her with matching expressions of confused concern.

She shook her head, "Don't ask, Honey."

"Princess?" Victor slipped to his feet.

I suspected I wasn't the only one to see her eyes well up. Victor caressed her cheek softly, "Princess?"

Her now haunted eyes met his a split second before she pounced on him, her fingers digging into the small of his back, "Please don't ask me, Victor. It doesn't matter anymore."