Chapter 48: Sweet treats.

Start from the beginning

- ... no. Impossible, he's just my best friend.

- It's funny, you often sleep with your best friends: Risotto, Bucciarati... Hey, even Jotar-

- Stop it. He's married, he has a kid. It is clearly in the past. I haven't even heard from his grandfather anymore. No really. I was naive, it was a love affair of youth. Nothing more.

- A "love affair", he repeated. So you admit it, you were in love.

- ... I... it's not-

- Don't be so hard on yourself, (Y/N). You have the right to feel things.

- ... it's too many problems, I have other things to manage.

- I know. Lie to others if you want, but not to yourself. That's all I ask of you."

(Y/N) let her eyes wander, her mouth slightly open as she tried to absorb the boy's words. Was there really no harm in feeling things for these boys? She didn't know. She closed her mouth and gulped, before nodding, suddenly determined, encouraged by these words.

"I'll try.

- I trust you, you'll get there.

- Thank you, Noriaki."

He smiled and leaned down to kiss her temple.

"Go home quickly. You'll catch a cold. And also... I think they're waiting for you inside.

- ... really?"

She stood up and brushed the sand off her clothes. When she turned to thank Kakyoin, he had already disappeared. He had gone too long without materializing, he must have been exhausted. So she smiled into the void and thanked him, hoping he heard her, before returning to the villa. No sooner had she stepped inside than Melone forced her out.

"No wait!! We are not ready!!

- ... eh? Not ready for what?

- We're not done!!"

She frowned, Melone gave her a fake innocent smile. She tried to force her way through, but he spread his arms wide to prevent her from entering. So she put her arms around his waist to hug him and he burst out laughing.

"This is cheating! Heeeeeelp~ Mamma wants my bodyyyyyyyyyy~

- SHUT UP MELONE!!" Ghiaccio yelled from the kitchen.

"Let her in", Risotto ordered, coming out of nowhere. "We're good, it's ready.

- You can let me go Mamma, you can pass! Although, if you want, we can always go back to this later if you see what I m-"

(Y/N) pinched his ribs and he let out a little cry which he quickly transformed into a forced moan of pleasure, to which she replied by rolling her eyes. Risotto waved her over, before blindfolding her without saying anything more. She raised her eyebrows and refrained from making a dirty joke worthy of Melone. And strangely, the house smelled divine.

"... what did you do?" she asked suspiciously.

"Well... We haven't seen you all afternoon. So I remembered what day it was, and what that meant to you. I told the others who were worried about it, and they all agreed to surprise you.

- ... you are absolutely adorable."

Her voice broke mid-sentence, she was so moved. Yes, she had recovered from her grief. But her boys' attention did not leave her indifferent, quite the contrary. Risotto made her sit down on the sofa. And when he finally took the blindfold off her eyes, all her companions were standing in front of her, big smiles on their faces. It was Formaggio who spoke first.