Chapter 2: I can't be in Love... Right?

"Chris?" said Zach a second time. He was still confused. What was Chris doing here?

"Did-did you just call me by my name?" asked the dazed adventurer. Zach always just called him 'Green Guy' up until now. What had changed? Zach spluttered for a moment before answering pathetically.
"Well, yeah... You know, it's kinda hard to not know your name now... we've known each other for a while and..." The usually confident and sharp inventor trailed off in a strange way. Almost like he was embarrassed, Chris thought. He got up, realising that he was still on the ground. There was a long and awkward silence where they could only hear the whirring of the Zachbot and the sounds of the city. Chris's and Zach's phones rang at the exact same time, startling them and making Zach drop his phone somewhere. Chris saw that his call was from Jimmy Z, presumably asking him to come back to the Tortuga. He looked up at Zach and was about to say his goodbye when he saw Zach's phone by the bench.
"Oh, here. This is yours, isn't it?" he said, picking up Zach's phone and handing it to him. Zach held out his and but stopped. Up close, he could see the perfect, shining hazel of Chris's eyes. They were so beautiful. He could stare into them forever...

"Zach!" shouted Chris, making him jump. As soon as he realised what he was just doing, Zach went bright red and snatched his phone, which was still ringing, off of Chris. Zach mumbled an incoherent thanks, then he looked at the phone and saw that Francesca was calling. Glancing upward to say bye, he was met with an empty space, with no sign of Chris. He then picked up the call.

|ZACH POV|

"Hey, ZV, where are you? I think I have a lead on your next plan," Francesca said to me. I assured her that I'd be there in about five minutes, so now I'm running around the City. Great. I hate running. It might have something to do with a vague recollection that I have of my mother forcing me to join a running contest. I'm pretty sure I humiliated myself, but I don't remember. I can never remember. I think I looked dumb to Chris Kratt back there. I knew where my phone was, but I didn't want to pick it up. Thank God it was just Francesca. Damn, why was I staring at Chris? He was just so... amazing, so... beaut- NO! What the hell am I thinking! We're sworn enemies, we've always been. And even if I did think that he's good-looking(unlike me)it's just platonic! It's impossible otherwise.

I arrived at my jet with a thousand questions running through my head. Today has been weird, but I can't do much more thinking. I need to let this go and see Francesca.

|READER POV|

"Shit, Zach, that took longer than five minutes. But that doesn't matter. I've been spying on the Wild Kratts and I heard they're headed to Mongolia," said Fran. [Quick thing here: I might sometimes call Francesca Fran, or for Kit's POVs, Chessie.]

"Mongolia? They've never been there before. I wonder what could be there..." contemplated Zach. Fran showed him a fact file she'd created on Mongolian Wildlife.
"Look, there's the Argali Sheep and its strong horns, the Cinereous Vulture(the largest ever) and the... oh, Lammergeyer. Funny name, huh?" said Francesca. Zach had to smile. At least he could always count on Fran and Kit to cheer him up, or distract him from whatever was going on. Zach decided to start working on a plan on the way, but even with his favourite songs on and the noise of the new robot prototype he was building, he couldn't drown out the sound of Chris Kratt's voice. He still couldn't stop thinking about him.

WITH THE WILD KRATTS

|CHRIS POV|

That was strange. Why was Zach so unlike his usual self? Stuttering and so anxious. Why was he taking a walk anyway? I thought he hated nature...

"Hey, bro! We're almost at Mongolia. You know what that means!" said Martin, excitedly. I turned to him and nodded.
"CREATURE ADVENTURE TIME!" we shouted. I can't have said it like Martin, because he gave me an odd look. Koki, Jimmy and Aviva didn't notice though, so I think I was off the hook. Jimmy landed the Tortuga and Aviva gave Martin and I our creature power suits, special new gear and some animals to find. We rushed out and as soon as we did, I saw something black in the sky. Zach Varmitech! Maybe I'd be able to find out what happened...wait, no. I had a mission, I can't get distracted by him.

|READER POV| {TIME SKIP OF 30 MINS}

Martin and Chris had just climbed up a steep, rocky ledge, but it was no problem with the gear that Aviva had given them.
"This climbing stuff is useful, eh bro?" asked Martin, giving Chris a nudge. Martin had to nudge Chris again to get a response. Even then it was vague and almost... robotic. Martin was getting worried about his brother. They walked in silence with Martin occasionally trying to strike conversation until Chris held his arm in front of his brother and pointed. Martin gasped. Argali Sheep! They looked so cool in person. Just then, a baby Argali Sheep wandered over to Martin. It rubbed its head on his leg affectionately.
"Awww... I'm gonna call you Fuzzy!" he said, gushing over the animal. Chris looked at his brother happily, the he had an idea.
"Hey, we should take Fuzzy back to Aviva. She'll love him. We can even get new discs!" Chris suggested.
"Oh yeah!" Martin replied. "That would be cool. Hey, that reminds me, did you find any animals for the challenge?" Chris shook his head in reply. Martin agreed, saying that he couldn't find anything they didn't have already. They started walking back, unaware of who was watching them.

WITH ZACH AND KIT

Zach was watching the brothers from behind a false bush Kit had made. It was pretty convincing, but nonetheless, he was getting uncomfortable. Just then, he was called on his pager.
"Zach! I have a lock on Aviva. She's talking to the Kratts about some new power disc. Do you want me to intervene, or find something out?" Kit asked. Zach nodded. He told Kit a strange yet plausible plan.
"Damn. You've really thought this out, huh? Well, I'll execute it faster than you can say 'mY zAchBotS!'"
"I don't talk like that!" Zach pouted. Kit laughed and waved goodbye, turning off the pager. Zach laughed evilly. This was going to be too easy.

Hi everyone! I hope you enjoyed this so far. I might do about 5 or 6 more parts but idk rlly so yeah. Have a good day!!!
Disclaimer: Any resemblance to real world ppl (names etc.) is purely coincidental!!!!