Lies

Atsumu's been walking around for maybe two hours already. His feet hurt and he can feel his knees shaking with the need to rest, even if it's just for a second.

But there's a problem.

He just can't seem to find the wool shop he saw on TikTok.

Could he have bought the wool in the shop where he's been buying it for the past five years? Yes, but they didn't have the color he wanted, so that's a no.

He sees a park a few streets down from where he's standing and walks as fast as he can towards it.

Once he finds a bench and is finally able to rest for a few minutes, he allows himself to look around for the first time in maybe the past hour.

He sees a man, selling all kinds of beautiful flowers. Two girls running around with their hands intertwined, blowing bubbles into the air. He sees a little boy checking the bushes around him for insects, and a duo of a girl and a boy running over to join him.

All of them wear smiles on their faces.

He also sees a few couples walking around and smiles, all of them reminding him of his boyfriend, Kiyoomi, who is currently on a week-long business trip.

He sits on the bench for a few more minutes, and just when he goes to stand up, he freezes.

Kiyoomi.

But he's not alone.

He's holding some girls hand, a very pretty girl's hand. They're smiling, Atsumu being able to notice Kiyoomi's crinkled eyes even with the distance between them, and the woman's beaming smile being enough.

His eyes follow them as they turn on the sidewalk to walk into what looks like a coffeeshop, maybe, and he sees her kiss Kiyoomi's cheek before entering the shop.

He sees Kiyoomi look around briefly before walking into the shop and disappearing out of Atsumu's sight.

He knows he shouldn't misunderstand, that he shouldn't overthink anything or take drastic decisions without having context or explanations, but he can't really control the way his thoughts are already going too fast for him to keep up.

That was him, right? His boyfriend, Kiyoomi. Holding another person's hand, letting someone else kiss them or touch him in general.

Why would he lie? Why did he feel like he had to lie? Why was he here when he was supposedly somewhere else? Who was that woman? What is she to him?

Why did he lie?

A part of him thinks he's being too crazy about this, overthinking over something that could be absolutely nothing, a little misunderstanding that could be solved if he just asked when he talked to Kiyoomi again in their apartment, two days from today.

But the other part of him thinks that maybe, just maybe, he's completely allowed to think a little too much about this. He's allowed to, really.

Because that was his Kiyoomi, touching, holding, smiling with someone that's not him.

His boyfriend, who lied to him.