Chapter 2: Stars and Stripes

Start from the beginning

The greenette decided to focus on his friends, to make the flight feel not so long. He joined in their conversation about classes and whatever else as the plane lifted off.

When they finally arrived, after hours of talking, sleeping, and more talking, not to mention the change of clothes and then change back into hero suits upon final approach, the three were restless. To demonstrate their diligence, they rushed off the plane as soon as the doors opened, dragging their suitcases behind them.

It was midday in America, specifically Northern California. Just outside of someplace called Sacramento to be exact. And there to greet them on the airstrip was a very tall, muscular woman with long blonde hair spiked down in a similar style to All Might's. In fact, there wasn't anything about her that didn't remind the teenagers of their Japanese Number One.

Standing beside her was a shorter male hero with purple curly hair and a short purple beard. His hero suit consisted of a deep reddish brown trench-coat with a white fur trim, green pants, dark boots, and sunglasses. At his side hung a long pink object that looked like the end of a javelin, or perhaps an arrow without any quills.

On her other side stood another man dressed in an American Air Force pilot uniform with his arms folded and an unimpressed look on his face.

"Welcome to America, young heroes!" Stars and Stripes announced.

"Stars and Stripes! It's an honor to meet you!" The three said in unison as they bowed.

The hero next to the tall blonde snickered. "Now that's a real Japanese greeting."

"Oh, shut up, Popper." Stars rolled her eyes as she approached the teens.

Izuku, Iida, and Uraraka stood at attention, assuming she was pretty militaristic.

"Why so stiff, cadets?" She asked. "Loosen up! You'll need it if you want to face American villains!" The heroine slapped Iida's back playfully. Although it made him jump forward and start rubbing the spot on his shoulder she hit.

"St-Stars and Stripes?" Izuku asked.

"You must be Deku!" She smiled and started to slowly pace around him, inspecting his costume from head to toe.

"Um, Stars and Stripes?!" Izuku blushed.

"You knew about Deku before we arrived?" Uraraka asked.

"Of course! Your teachers sent me your files yesterday." Star glanced over from Uraraka back to Izuku and winked at him. "Now, let's get to the agency. You'll need to rest off that jet lag before our mission."

The airman directed the three students and two heroes to a topless military jeep. Once they piled in, he drove off the airstrip and into the city.

Uraraka and Izuku looked out and smiled at all the different stores and shops with names they weren't familiar with, or signs they couldn't even read. Iida joined them a little, but tried to stay more stoic, facing forward to maintain a more dignified and mature look.

Stars and Stripes' hero agency didn't look all that different from Japanese hero agencies on the outside. Like a simple, minimalist business with a few signs on the front.

"Did you mention we'd be resting here?" Uraraka asked her as they climbed out with their bags.

"That's right! On longer assignments, we have bunks and rooms to sleep in, like firefighters do. So we're ready for anything!" Star declared proudly.

"Forgive me, sir. But I didn't catch your name." Iida quickly turned to the purple-haired hero and offered him his gloved hand.

The hero smirked and shook Iida's hand in return. "Popper. Surveillance and Sniper hero. Star called me in for this job about a week ago. Originally, I'm from the eastern states."

Iida smiled. "Glad to make your acquaintance, Popper."

"I take it you're the leader?" He asked.

"Huh?" Iida seemed to jerk back at the question. "Well, no. Not really. I am their class representative at UA High School but-"

Popper chuckled. "Don't worry about that. This is something new for all of us, I assure you."

"It is?" He asked.

"Mhmm. Just wait until Star briefs y'all in." The purple-haired man said with a shrug.

"Ladies' rooms are on the right end of the building. Boys are on the left. We'll give you six hours to rest up but at 2200 hours, meet in the main conference room for the plan debriefing." Star directed.

Iida, Popper, and Uraraka excused themselves to find their rooms, but a green-haired boy stayed back. Star didn't seem to leave yet either, grabbing herself an orange from a bowl of fruit in the room.

"Uh, Stars and Stripes?" Izuku asked.

"Call me Star. It's easier." She insisted.

"Star." Izuku sighed. "You know about One For All?" He whispered.

The heroine looked up from her fruit and glared at him. "Tell me your story. But keep it down about that."