ACT ONE: REAWAKENING

.

.

.

.

"This legacy, it's just bullshit

"This legacy, it's just bullshit. We're expected to be like Leia or Luke. We're expected to be the part of the Skywalkers or the Solos. Hell, I am expected to bring some sort of honor to the name Anakin. That's the reason I was named after him, right? To bring it back to the light after all the wrong he did?"

"An, that's not true."

"Not true? Why are we named after dead people if not to mold us into their expectations of us? I was named after our great grandfather who was responsible for the Empire. I've read about all the awful things he's done in the history texts just like you. And then you, you're named after a mechanic your parents knew that died during the war."

"We are children of legacy, yes. But- But you're not Anakin Skywalker as I am not Vira Kalo. We may share the names of the dead, but we make our destiny not whatever expectations your father wants from you."

.

.

.

.

"This is far too dangerous for you, Vee

"This is far too dangerous for you, Vee."

"I'm not a child anymore, Ory. I do not need protecting."

"Damn it-! These people tried to kill our parents! They were going after the senators!"

"I know that-!"

"Then you don't need to go out there. There are people handling the search for these people. People who's job it is to find these criminals."

"You mean people like you?"

"That's not what I meant,"

"Orson, you're a highly ranked officer in the New Republic Navy. They'll be all hands on deck for the attempted assassination of a room full of senators and Jedi Master."

"Vee-,"

"I am a skilled Jedi. I am a capable pilot. I know these streets better than the back of my hand. I am going to find out who tried to get our parents killed whether you want me to or not."

.

.

.

{published on: 3/5/22}