〚𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗〛talks and tech

Start from the beginning

As he leaned back into his chair he was pulled from his plans by a knock at the door. Okay maybe knock wasn't the right word. It was more like something thudding into the door.

He froze, tense, and waited.

"Kei?" The soft voice made him immediately jump to his feet. "Kei, can you get the door?"

Keita didn't even hesitate to run over and pull the door open. And immediately was nearly slammed into the ground when an exhausted Akinori collapsed into his arms. "Aki!!"

He all but dragged his nearly unconscious twin into their room, closing and latching the door before bundling his brother in as many blankets as he could.

Then he sat down in front of him. "Aki..."

"..."

"You don't have to tell me what happened. I just want to help."

"..."

"Okay.. I... I'll leave you alone and-"

"She... she said I was being lazy..."

Keita raised a brow "What? You train basically all the time! How's that lazy?"

Akinori hesitated. "Well... Uh... she said that since I always have energy after training to play with you... that means I'm not giving it my all..."

Keita froze. "Huh?" Most of the time that 'play' after training was as laid back as possible since Akinori was always so exhausted. They just watched tv, played video games, played board games or other activities that could be done without much strain. He even distinctly remembered a point where he'd had to move both pieces when they were playing board games.

"That's stupid." Keita blurted. "She has no idea what she's talking about."

"I tried... tried to tell her that is... but..."

"She said you were wasting your time with me, right?" It was a question in principle only. They both already knew the answer.

It never had been a question how their parents thought of Keita. They got what they wanted with Akinori. Keita was just a copy without what they needed. Useless.

"She's wrong about you. I know that." Akinori's tone was much stronger than usual. "You know that too, right?" Keita's silence spoke volumes. "Hey! Do I need to remind you how awesome you are? You might not have a quirk but you're super smart! And you're great at taking care of people. You're nice, too!"

"Aki!" Keita floundered under the compliments. "You nearly passed out from exhaustion, you shouldn't be worrying about me!"

Aki chuckled. "Well, I am your older brother-"

"By two minutes."

"Regardless! I'm older and I do a terrible job taking care of you so let me at least do this."

Keita grinned. "Well, can you at least chill with the compliments? I'll drop dead of embarrassment!"

Akinori rolled his eyes. "Sure you will, Kei. Could you tell me about what you were working on? Your tech-babble always puts me right to sleep."

Keita jumped at the opportunity before the whole statement sunk in. "Sure! I was working on a small- HEY!"

﹤┈┈┈﹥

"You remind me of someone I cared a lot about. Just... Take care of yourself."

Todoroki furrowed his brow.