Class A Asshole

Hitch pulls a small piece of paper from her back pocket and opens it with both hands. The paper reads...

::::             Military Police Assignment         :::::

:Floor - 4

:Room - 106 

:Bunkmates - Annie Leonhart | Hitch Dreyser

::::                                                                                :::::

"Annie, Annie Leonhart" she reads to herself. She looks at the name once more and then the room number. While still holding tight to the paper she allows her arms to drop lifelessly down in front of her. Hitch closes her eyes, takes a deep breath, and tucks the paper into her left back pocket. She reaches down to grab her brown leather duffle from the ground and puts the strap over her right shoulder. Looking down the hall she sees several more new military police searching for their rooms. All at once the surrounding sounds flushes into her ears, she hears the shuffles of boots on hardwood and the indistinct chatter of confusion and excitement. She begins to walk down the hall reading the numbers over each door, "98...99...100..." "at least I'm on the right track," she thinks to herself. Before long she is standing outside of room 106. She reaches for the door knob and wonders if perhaps Annie is already inside. She opens the door to find an empty room.  Hitch steps in and closes the door behind her. To her left up against the wall is a wooden desk and chair, right next to it pushed against the wall are the twin bunk beds. Ahead of her across the room is a window and to its right pushed agains the wall is another desk, chair, and a closet.  Annie tosses her duffle on top of the desk to the left and walks over to it, she pulls out the chair while letting out a loud groan and sits where her chest is facing its back, she folds her arms into a pillow over it and lays down her head. The fatigue of day begins to weigh over her eyelid, she lets them fall, nuzzling her face further into her arms and drifts into a soft sleep. 

Annie looks up, 106 is over the door frame, she pushes the leather duffle from her side to behind her, she reaches, slowly twists the door knob and pushes open the door. "It's empty" Annie thinks to herself,  she lets out a hefty sigh and enters into the room. She begin to hum an old upbeat melody she had heard once or twice as a child. Annie turns and closes the door but as she does, she catches a glimpse of something out the corner of her eye. Annie jerks backwards and trips over her feet, the leather bag slides off her arm onto the ground and she tumbles over it; she stumbles a few more steps before finally catching herself on the desk nearest the window; her palms forcefully smack the the wooden desk top causing a piercing sound. 

Hitch hears the commotion, she slowly lifts her head and opens her eyes, her vision taking a moment to adjust to the light in the room, as it does the silhouette of a woman starts to come into form; "whoever she is, she looked disheveled" Hitch thinks. She watches as the blurry figure moves in a disoriented fashion followed by an intense slap. The sound startles Hitch aware, her vision suddenly clear enough to make out a blonde haired girl leaned over the desk across the room. Part of her hair is pulled back into tiny low messy bun, the front portion left out to drape over her narrow face. Her skin is pale, she has a small beak shaped nose and rose pink lips; but it is her eyes that catch Hitch's attention. Her eyes are an immaculate blue, like ice frozen over a lake. Hitch can't help but notice that her feet are tangled in her duffle strap. "It all makes sense now, it appears that this girl has tripped herself."  The thought makes Hitch let out a slight snort and the girl across the room shoots her a stabbing glare. Hitch's face morphs into a sly smile as she quickly raises her shoulders and lifts her palms to chest level in submission.

Annie watches as the girl across the room stands up from her seat. "Why is she looking at me like i'm some sort of lost kitten?" Annie wondered.  Annie kneels down and begins to hastily try and unravel the duffle strap from around her ankle. "Do you need some help?" a bubbly voice projects from across the room. Annie begins to move quicker, "NO!" she thinks in a sharp tone, but immediately realizes that she also said it out-loud. She finally pulls the strap from around her ankle, "No" she repeats, this time softly. "I...I didn't see you" Annie shyly admits. She shoots the girl a glance but is too embarrassed to hold it for more than a moment. Annie attempts to distract herself by unpacking her bag but she can hear the light footsteps slowly approaching her corner of the room. When the footsteps stop a hand slowly crosses into her field of vision, "Hi, I'm Hitch." Annie pauses and with her eyes she trails from the hand, to the arm, to shoulder, to the face of a the girl from across the room. Annie studied her, the girl is slightly leaned over to close the distance between the two, she has sandy brown hair about neck length, olive skin, a mousey nose that slightly turns up, and earthy green eyes, "pouty eyes?" Annie thinks to herself, "or smiley eyes?" She can't really tell "this girl has been smiling the whole time, and it's making the corners of her eyes crinkle" ---"Hitch Dreyser to be exact" the girl repeated. "Annie!" she quickly responds as she reaches out and shakes the girl's hand. "I know who you are!" the girl says excitedly as she gently pulls her hand away. Annie looks up and sees the girl standing sort of sideways with her squinted eyes peering over a raised shoulder and a smug smirk.