↳˗ˏˋ forty one ˊˎ˗↴

Start from the beginning

"you're the most useless excuse for a friend i have ever witnessed," kuroo shook his head as he punched the bridge of his nose. "look, [y/n]. my love, my light, bestest friend in the entire universe. we would just suggest not going out with them, because you don't know them! so, who knows what they could do to you."

"i see," [y/n] nodded slowly.

"yeah! so, you should forget about it," iwaizumi added.

"you're still not helping," kuroo groaned.

"well, anyways-"

"[y/n]!" she heard screaming before someone grabbed her shoulders, jumping in excitement. "are you ready? i'm so ready!"

"hinata, you almost made me drop my tablet," she told him.

"get a grip, shrimpy. we've still got a game to play so don't wear yourself out," suna smacked him upside the head.

"and, your favorite person is stopping by," kuroo added.

"who?" hinata and [y/n] asked.

"you'll see," kuroo whistled, heading back to his seat.

"you guys go warm up, the game starts soon," [y/n] told them.

"hey, i'm supposed to tell them to warm up," iwaizumi huffed.

"okay, but do i see you doing your job? no. so, now i'm telling them to," [y/n] sassed.

"oh, just go back to your seat, jesus christ. the migraine, it's starting," iwaizumi rubbed his temples, [y/n] heading back to her seat.

she sat between kuroo and oikawa, who returned from who knows where. they chatted idly until kuroo got a call on his cell, which he was quick to answer. he only spoke a few words before silently getting up and heading out, [y/n] and oikawa both confused but letting it go.

"you know, i have a lot of respect for you," oikawa blurted out.

"what?"

"you manage to stay so put together, but still have fun. it's refreshing, almost. i'm sure all those knuckleheads down there appreciate you a lot more than they say they do. you have so much on your plate, but you still make time for them. it's nice."

"oh, uh, thank you," she felt her face get hot, staring straight down at the net to avoid meeting his eyes.

it was painfully silent between them for a moment before oikawa spoke up again, "are you, uhm, doing anything later?"

"just the work meeting, but after that? not much."

"do you think you'd be interested in hanging out with me?"

"sure," she smiled. he returned the smile before they focused on the floor once more, the match gearing up to start. "where the hell is kuroo?" she muttered, about to text him when he appeared again, a familiar face next to him. "oh my god, hi kenma!" she squealed, standing up to hug him.

"oh, he doesn't really do hugs-" kuroo started, but kenma gladly accepted her embrace, much to his disbelief. "never mind."

"how have you been? i haven't seen you since my internship!"

"i've been okay," kenma chuckled, looking over to see oikawa. "hey oikawa."

"nice to see you again, kenma. been a long time," oikawa got up to shake his hand.

"what are you doing here?" [y/n] asked.

"wanted to come see the game," kenma shrugged, hands now awkwardly stuffed in his pockets.

[y/n] took a moment to really look at him, noticing he was a smidge taller. his hair was pulled back a few face framing pieces sticking out. he wore his brands sweatpants and a sweatshirt, his usual attire. he was the same kenma.