"Shaurya..." his name fled her lips like that of a frosty exhale, inaudibly benign.

His measures were lax and feeble, yet he managed to reach her. His face, just for once, turned front to witness how unadulterated the environment was. No matter in whatever spirit or circumstances, this spot was invariable as it was, always welcomed and regaled him the same it used to, for years. And so was she, his woman.

Tiredly, he composed himself to sit beside her. The atmosphere was deafeningly silent. The breezes tickled the water in the pond, moonlit ripples glorifying the serene aura. The grasses jigged, waves of waft revising their directions each stint, initiating a satiny, ruffling tune.

Anokhi breathed deep, as a faint smile touched her lips, scooping dimples in her white-pinkish cheeks, which Shaurya adored to skim his thumbs on.

"Shaurya?" The drift carried away her voice with it.

Attaining speechlessness in retort, Anokhi turned her eyes to see Shaurya already gazing at her with tearful orbs.

"A...no..khi.." he choked with tears in his system as it clogged, stemming them from spilling out his eyes. He shifted close to her, in her shade, seeking warmth and solace.

"M...mai..." he was unable to form phrases. His destroyed soul echoed more than that of the words he barely managed to emit.

Soon after, he felt a hand on his shoulder. As smooth as silk, as sheer as the night breeze, the only pleasure in the unpleasant ambience. As quiet as he appeared to be, his vortex was more and more ingesting him up from inside, making him sunken.

Anokhi unhurriedly rubbed his back to ease him, fetching him his sanity. But his eyes still pricked with tears. She could not see him like this, a helpless and tattered Shaurya. Her Shaurya, whom she transformed from as stern as a block of Oak, who gradually softened, budded sentiments like other individuals, was again back to his true self...his old reform, as numb and lifeless as a blue finger.

"Shaurya, kya hua hai..."

And that was all for him to expel out. He shattered down, crying profusely in her arms, sinking vulnerably into the depths of his heartache.

Anokhi herself was vision-blurred, it ached her to see him in this crisis. For Shaurya, she was like a boat in the middle of a seastorm for someone surging. He could just hold on to her to survive.
But she can't stay forever for him, right?

"Mai...mai..." he weeped, sniffing.

"Mai thak chuka hoon Anokhi, thak chuka hoon, sabse...mai haar chuka hoon, thak chuka hoon..." he kept regurgitating.

"Shhh...Shaurya..." she rubbed his arms as he moistened her shoulder.

"Sa...sab..." he was choking with a lump in his throat.

"Shaurya...hua kya hai batao..." she was on the periphery to erupt into tears.

"Fir...firse...wahi...jo....jo hot..a...aa rah..raha hai.." he raised his head to breathe. She looked into his snivelling eyes as she cupped his face, running her thumb pads through the traces of his tears.

"Shaurya tumhare ye jo aansu hai na....bohot keemti hai...
Inhe aise hi mat gawaao.."

Shaurya was reduced to hushed tears on Anokhi's confession...how could she say this? When she plainly knew when and for what he had cried the life out of himself.

"Tum...tum jaanti ho na Anokhi...vo..."

"....Badi maa firse wahi baatein shuru kar rahi hai....aur iss baar sirf badi maa nahi.." he faced her.