Back Again

I wake up in a different place again. A loud, reoccurring noise startled me. I turn to my side and, realizing that it's my alarm clock, press the big "snooze" button and role over again. I am in my bedroom, one of the last places that I remember before the "accident" or whatever. Why is my alarm going off? I think to myself. Just then my mom bursts into the room.

"You're awake!" She yells, opening the curtains, revealing my window seat (pretty much where I spend most of my time).

"Ow mom! Chill!" I have really sensitive ears.

"Sorry honey. How are you feeling?"

"I am fine, really. I feel normal."

"Do you want to go to school today?"

"Not...really..." I kind of want to go back. I have probably missed a lot, I mean I don't even know what day it is. School causes stress and tears, but it is even more stressful to not be at school and start piling up all of the homework and school work you miss. "Maybe it would be best if I did go though".

"Okay, whatever you think is best." She says leaving the room. I sit up, looking around to find my phone. It is sitting on the bed stand with my contact lenses, alarm clock, and some of my artwork. I pick it up, turn it on, and it is filled with tons of notifications. I decide I can't deal with this now so I get up starting my normal morning routine. Shower, get dressed, eat breakfast, brush my teeth, leave. I don't wear makeup, even though pretty much every girl at my school does. It seems too...fake. Occasionally I will put on a small amount of mascara but otherwise, no thank you. After finishing everything I grab my car keys and start to head out the door. Before I can make it out my mom stops me.

"I don't know if you should be driving." She says, trying to take my keys from me.

"MOM! I will be fine!" I say irritated, pulling my hand away. I walk out the door, turn around and say bye to my mom, Kian, and Edith. She lets me go surprisingly, maybe she just feels bad.

I get in my Honda Element, start the car, and drive to school. All I want is a normal day at school, but I know that it will be anything but that. I arrive to school, and at first it's fine. I walk up to the entrance and into the building. That's when the people start crowding. It starts out as a few people, quickly forming into several more. I just try to ignore them and get to my locker.

Eventually the other students give up and there are only three people walking with me now. Noel, Alex, and Riley. Alex and I have been best friends the longest. He is like a brother to me, though we have a really weird history. Long story short we dated for 2 years until we broke up, but the good thing is that we were even better friends after all of that. Then there's Noel. Noel is another best friend for me. She came to Jefferson High School last year, and from the moment I spoke one word to her, I knew that we would be best friends, and we are. Noel and Alex are dating now, and I guess you would think that I would be mad, but I am not. As long as they are happy, I am happy. And last, Riley. Riley only came to Jeff this year, but on this first day of school we talked and instantly clicked. We may be different, well almost complete opposites, but maybe that's what works for our friendship. I don't know, all I know is that he is pretty cool and I can deal with him. All I really need.

We are walking in silence. They know that I can't deal with being bombed with questions, and I don't want all of that sentimental, "are you okay?" shit. I just want it to be as normal as it can get for today. I make it to my locker and head to my first class, science. I walk in and everyone is talking, until a few people turn their heads to see me. The talking turns to dead silence. Now every person in the class room is staring at me, waiting for me to make my next move.