O n e

Do you ever have those little things that kinda just change you're whole day? How about you're whole life?

Yeah, well that's what happened to me.

It was 6 years ago to be exact, I had no idea what was in store for my future, heck I was only nearly 16.

***

"Veda, get down from there before you hurt yourself!" my Mother called from below.

I looked down, clinging to the limb, trying not to slip as I maneuvered my way down the tall tree. When I made it to where I was only about four feet from the ground, I jumped.

"Veda Willow Maddox, you're going to get hurt climbing those things." My Mom said and pointed to the tree that was outside our apartment complex.

"Mom, it's fine. I'm not going to get hurt." I told her.

She scoffed and said "With all that traffic passing by, you might fall into the street."

I looked behind me to the street. It wasn't that busy. The distance from the street and the tree was about a good 12 feet, so I wouldn't fall into traffic.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I argued with her.

"Come inside, I need your help." she rolled her eyes and turned, walking back to our apartment.

I followed behind her, slowly walking up the steps, careful not to miss a step and fall. I've done it before, and I'll say that it wasn't very fun.

"So, what'd you need my help with?" I asked my Mom when I entered the apartment.

"Your brother's baseball game is today, I need you to help me make this sign." she pointed to the board laying on the ground.

When my parents divorced, my Dad got my brother and my Mom got me. I rarely see my brother, Edwin.

He was 9 years old, and loved sports, like most guys do. My Mom liked to go to any of his games he had and cheer him on, except, she was the competitive type, and it gets embarrassing.

"Okay, what do you want me to do first?" I asked, grabbing a green marker.

"No! Not green! His team colors are blue and white." she looked at me like I was crazy. "You know what? I'll just do it myself, I already know that you're going to screw something up." she said. I shrugged and walked into my room.

It was hot in there, seeing as it was summer time. I turned on my fan, and laid on my bed.

"Mom, what time is the game?" I yelled to her.

"In about an hour!" she yelled back.

I got up, and walked over to my small closet. Grabbing my blue and white baseball tee, and jeans, I slipped them on. The back said the number "9" because that was Edwin's number.

Walking out of my room, I saw that my Mom had finished her sign. It said

Let's go Edwin! Mommy loves you!

I silently laughed to myself, he was going to get made fun of for days.

"What do you think?" she asked.

"Looks good." I lied, I didn't want to hurt her feelings.

"Okay well let's go ahead and go, I want to get there early and get good seats." she said.

We walked out of the apartment, locking it, then walked over to the ball park. It wasn't far, five minutes at the least.

We sat down on the bleachers that were outside the fence, protecting the field from the people. We sat on the very top row. Both teams were already here, practicing pitching or batting.

"Oh look, there's Edwin." my Mother said to me and pointed to him.

"Edwin! Hi, it's me, Mommy!" she yelled to him on the field, then waved and pointed to herself.

Edwin waved back and she sat down next to me.

The bleachers started filling with people from both teams, family, or friends.

"There's Mary." my Mom said to me. Mary was my Moms friend I guess you could say.

"I'll be back in a bit." she said, got up, and walked down to the last row where Mary was and sat next to her.

About 10 minutes later, the game started and my Mom was still talking with Mary. I felt uncomfortable being alone.

"Go! Go! Go!" I heard my Mom yell to the boy who just hit the ball. I laughed at her.

I felt someone sit next to me, I looked over to who it was. It was a boy, about my age with sandy brown hair, that went past his ears a little.

He looked at me and tilted his head up as a 'sup' motion. I gave his a small smile and returned my attention back to the game.

"Oh c'mon! This is baseball boys!" My Mom yelled to the players, again.

The boy next to me laughed at her, as well as me.

"My Moms crazy." I told him.

"She's your Mom?" he asked.

"Sadly." I laughed. "I'm Veda, Veda Maddox ." I told him.

"Corey, Corey Feldman." he told me and I nodded. We both looked back to the game until he spoke again.

"Don't I know you from some where?" he asked me.

"I don't think so." I told him.

"I don't forget a beautiful face." he said. "Oh right! We live in the same Apartment complex."

_______________

you all demanded for chapter one, so here it is!

I'm just going to day that there will be slow updates, because I'm trying to focus on my other stories but I'll try to update once every few days.

Hope you like