One-shot: Perspective

Start from the beginning

Mashima sensei and Hoshinomiya sensei are there at the wine store. Even though they are wearing disguises I cannot be fooled that easily. Behind the store giving the instructions is Chabashira sensei who if I were to use Ike's words can be distinguished solely by the presence of her chest. I doubt that.

My walk had completed. I had reached the end of store lines. I did notice a couple of stares on me by some people of out class and sensei But apart from that no one took a look at me. Although it could be said it was just a matter of chance, in both of those stares I could see a feeling that they wanted to lay eyes on me for some time and clearly have not been successful at that.

I had come here originally for a different view which I could not enjoy from here. So I put some effort in finding a good spot from where I could see the fireworks better than from here. I moved to a region in the side of the road to gain more elevation. there is an empty spot beyond the scattered trees all around where there is just grass. I would be watching the first ever fireworks show in my life from here. There were still a couple of minutes left so I could get a bit comfortable here.

After all this was going to be a notable experience in my life. Given that my father had arrived the school at might be in the process of planning my expulsion right now, I would not want to miss any once in a lifetime opportunities here.

I took a good look around and after confirming the presence of no one here, I sat on grass. I find myself incapable of lowering my guard. Whenever I sense a threat approaching or on the horizon, I move by my instinct to lay the defense properly to avoid any harm in my way.

But I often wonder what would be like to properly lower your guard if you could have no worries. Well... I cannot know it myself, so I would have to ask someone.

As of now I have to lay in wait of the show of colors in the sky above me in the front. The fireworks, an established polar opposite of my entire past  for everyone to see here and now. Back in the past, the closest I have come to see colors is the skin of people, color of food and water or any colorful images or pages of the book and the internet.

Simply speaking I have read only the description of fireworks and not even a picture of it. But given that I was going to see every bit of it, I plan to burn this image and take it to my grave. My heartbeat is racing, but I am calm, I can feel the pleasure in my body but it doesn't affect my mind. It is an incredible feeling.

And then it happened. A stroke of light shooting up in the sky in a distance followed by a delayed sound and trail of sparks behind it, burst into countless streaks of the red color. It would be the first in line of the dozens that followed after it. Some straight up, some at an angle. Such variety in color, shape and sound of the fireworks. I felt it all, I absorbed it all never to forget.

It gave me goosebumps. How can something be so beautiful? It was unfair. It was addictive. I wanted to be up here all night.

Wait? Was it over? No no no. I have not had enough of it! Start it again! Such a feeling calmed down under me in a moment. But I wanted more. Please just give me some more. i waited for a few moments but it did not look like I was going to get my wish.

So I went ahead and gave myself a revisit to the past to minutes in my brain by closing my eyes and reliving it. I tried my best to maintain the same feeling that had been betting from these fireworks here. It was not the best experience but it was good.

I did it again. And again...and again. It never stopped being fun. It really was addictive. I was having the time of my life...but as fate has it in store for me usually. Fun does not last long enough

I sensed the presence of someone approaching me...around 30 meters from my back if I were to estimate. The footsteps approached and I pretended not to notice until they got very close.