1. Talk Too Much

"Good morning, miss." Mr. Feeny gives a warm welcome as I enter the classroom. 

"Good Morning, Feeny." I smile and take my seat near the back of the class. 

I always come to class a few minutes early to look over my assignments and talk with a few friends, but today it was just me and Feeny since I was even earlier than usual. 

"You get the reading done from last night?" Mr. Feeny asks without even looking up from the paper he is grading. 

"Yes, sir. I already finished this weeks project too. Ready to go." 

He looks up with an impressed smile. "Well that's good. Turning over a new leaf, are we?"

His surprise isn't a shock to me. I've spent the whole semester procrastinating and putting things off, but now I'm trying to be better. A new me. "I like to think so, yes." I greet the end of my sentence with a smile as our conversation comes to an end due to class about to begin. 

I watch as my classmates flow into the room in a talkative manner. The room becomes filled with voices and many genres of conversation. 

Eavesdropping was a skill learned through many years of drama filled high school, but that didn't stop me from using it in college too. It was essential to know the local drama of the campus. Fellow classmates tended to say their secrets a little too loudly. 

I didn't care for it all too much though. Just a thing to pass the minutes as you waited for class to begin. 

A few people always stood out to you though. Long term students of Feeny. 

Cory Matthews, a curly headed boy who got along with most people. Topanga Lawrence, the sweet and pretty girl that every friend group needs. Cory and Topanga have been together since I've know them. I sometimes believe that they came out of the womb as partners. Always together. 

The third member of their friend group was Shawn Hunter, Cory's life long friend. Shawn was the trouble maker of the group. The broke playboy. 

At least that's the personality he puts out, but I don't believe it. Every "bad boy" is a big softie at the end of the day. I've seen enough movies to know how it works. 

The class falls silent as Feeny begins to speak "I've heard a lot of you are stressed about the amount of time you have on this project, so I'm giving up todays lesson to give you all a study period. Tomorrow we will continue on with what I originally had planned. Get to work. Feel free to leave IF you've completed the project already." 

Quickly after silence fell, my head begins to fill with side conversations between classmates. I don't have any desire to go anywhere else since my next class is nearby, so I pull out my notebook and start to doodle while listening in to the people around me. 

Before I get too deep into focus, someone places their hand on your desk in front of me. A male voices speaks up. "Hey, Feeny told me that you had already finished the assignment. I was wondering if you'd be up for an offer."

I place my pen down and look up to meet eyes with the boy. "Shawn, right?" 

He nods yes in response. 

"Are you offering to pay me to do this for you?" I lean back in my seat and cross my arms in a snarky manner. 

"That's exactly what I'm doing." A big smirk is wiped across his face. 

"How much?" 

"Fifteen bucks." 

I laugh at his offer. "I'm not going to do it for you. I just wanted to see how desperate you were."

"Oh very funny." He grins and rolls his eyes.

"Sorry Hunter, but I can barely get my own assignments done on time let alone anyone else's. You're going to have to beg some other girl to do it for you." 

Another smirk comes across him. "I guess I will." He turns back to return to his friends but stops to tell you one more thing. "My brother, Jack, is throwing a party tomorrow at seven. You should come."

"I'm assuming you mean Jack Hunter." I smile and hesitate with my answer. "Yeah, I know his place. I'll be there." 

He seems shocked that I agreed to it, but he also seemed extremely happy about my answer. 

"Well, I'll see you there." He continues on back to his seat to tell Cory about our interaction. 

The rest of the class I spent with a soft grin that made my cheeks hurt. A few short accidental glances between me and Shawn make their way into the remaining minutes. 

I'm not sure what will come out of this, but I'm beyond ready to find out.