"What the hell happened?" Sully hissed as he began leading the way back to their car.

"I dunno!" Sam exclaimed. "But we gotta get outta-"

"Ah crap," Nate muttered.

During Sam and Sully's confusion, security guards that were not accounted for surrounded them with guns pointed their way. Slowly, carefully, Sully raised his hands in the air, and Sam and Nate followed his example.

As they were searched for more stolen goods – why wouldn't they after the older Drake was caught red-handed – police vehicles rolled up and he and the Drake brothers were taken into custody.

~ ~ ~

Sully didn't see any sign of the boys once they arrived at the prison and were processed through the system. He wasn't too concerned. They would reunite soon enough, though Sully wasn't too keen on seeing Sam's lousy face.

He was kicked out into the prison yard with the rest of the inmates, and he put on his best don't screw with me face. He knew, for the most part, if he minded his own business, he wouldn't attract too much unwanted attention. It wasn't necessarily a guarantee, but he also wasn't new to the system.

Not too much later, Nate was shoved through the gate.

"Sorry," The kid muttered as he approached Sully.

"Not your fault," Sully told him. "You alright?"

"Yea." Nate shrugged. "Not like I haven't done this before."

No, but in the past he had Sully to pay for his and Sam's bails, and now all of them were shit out of luck until they could make contact with the outside world. He was starting to suspect that wouldn't happen, that the warden wasn't going to allow them to make a phone call.

"When Sam gets here, we'll figure something out," Nate said.

Sully's expression hardened. "About that, that might be between you and him."

Nate hesitated in his response. "You- are you blaming Sam?"

Yes. "Forget about it, Nate," Sully dismissed.

In the end, he lingered by the gate despite his claims. There weren't many places to go, and their best option was to stick together as a group, since they were less likely to be hassled.

Sam finally joined them, and the young man made a point of ignoring his very existence. Sully, for once, didn't mind.

"What took you so long?" Nate asked him.

"Phone call," Sam replied.

"What?" Sully gaped at him. He was met with a glare. "Who did you call?"

"If you gotta know, some guy I've worked with before," Sam ground out in a clipped tone of voice.

Sully's jaw clenched. "And what did this guy say?"

"He can't pay for all our bails."

Goddammit. "You shoulda called one of our contacts. For Chrissakes, Cutter cou-"

"All offense, Victor, I wasn't going to risk it." Sam met his gaze, and it took all of his effort to not yell at Sam for his idiotic pride.

"So that's it. We had one chance to get the hell outta here and you managed to bungle that up, too?" He snapped.

Sam's expression twisted dangerously. "You think this is my fault."

"Yes."

Nate shifted awkwardly between them. "Is now really the best time to get into it?"