2: What A Nerd

Começar do início

Senku Ishigami was the boy's name. You and the school knows him for his intelligence and vast knowledge of science. Whenever you do see him, he's always wearing a lab coat over his school uniform.

A strange guy, you'll admit.

And maybe that's why you decided to spend your final months with him.

-🌠-

To you, people looked so lively on this bright sunny day. Even you shared that liveliness. It was a new day and you were excited to hang out with Senku. The goals you've set out to do have become more fun now that you've gained a companion. In exchange, you agreed to help him with any of his science projects.

You realize now how impulsive it was to blindly offer to be an assistant when you've not even been that great in science in general. Sure, you're at least passing the subject, but you're nowhere near on par with Senku's grade. But oh well. You'll only be helping him.

And speaking of Senku, he was running a bit late.

You checked the time on your phone. It was only a few minutes past the time the two of you agreed to meet, so it's too early to admit whether or not he stood you up. As a passing time, you were completely fixated on the dessert being displayed through the window. You were so fixated on the treats, you didn't notice a presence coming up from behind you.

From behind, Senku rolled up a magazine to the shape of a megaphone. He raised it perfectly near your ear without alerting you.

He opened his mouth and yelled, "Oi, I'm here!"

"Ah!" You shouted, startling others passing by and giving you odd glances. You spun around, meeting face to face with Senku himself. "What the hell was that for?!" You shouted, your palm pressed up against your poor ear.

"A little revenge," he said, a stupid evil grin resting on his lips, completely unfazed by your shouting. He unrolled the magazine and you caught a glimpse of an atom taking up the front cover. He tucked the magazine into his bag.

Knowing what he meant by 'revenge' you laughed dryly.

"You're so funny."

"Yeah, yeah." He waved you off unforgivingly. "Why did you want to meet here? Is one of your life goals to eat in every single one of these cafes." His chin jerked towards the bustling streets.

"Believe me, if I could, I would," you said, more seriously than Senku expected. "But good guess. You see, this café will close down next month."

One glance at the building next to you, Senku could understand why. It wasn't as modern as the other trendy cafes that are open. If he squinted through the window, he can see that the place was a ghost town despite it being open.

You sighed wistfully but quickly cheered up. No time to be upset about it now.

"I want to eat every single dessert in here before it closes down." You said super casually. "It's my favourite café and I've only tried a handful of treats."

"Huh?" Senku blink, dumbstruck. "Hold on a second you crazy girl, did you just say... eat every single dessert here?" He pointed at the building.

"That's what I said." You affirmed, bobbing your head.

Also, it will fit your budget. This place has always been cheap, to begin with, and now that it was closing up pretty soon, the price has been lowered for all dishes. Because of this, you'll be able to afford anything here with the money you've been saving up for the past year.

"There is no way you can eat all of them on your own!"

"Watch me," you declared, then grinned and grabbed his arm to pull him inside the café with you. He fumbled a bit but caught his footing. He had trouble pulling away and grimaced when once again, there was someone physically stronger than him. Instead of struggling, he just let you drag him to where the two of you will sit.