[ 020 ] infected.

Start from the beginning

A gasp slip passed her lips. She couldn't focus on the walker holding her, dragging itself closer and closer to her arm. She could only think back to the scariest thing she'd ever experienced in her life.

Her breathing began to come out in rushed, fast breaths. Her heart was pounding at an uncontrollable rate. Tears blurred her vision. She was desperate.

"Shane!" She screamed. "Mom!"

A sob broke through her when she felt the skin of the walkers chin on her arm. She tried to yank it from the monster again but it was so strong.

She bared her teeth and sent her elbow back into the walker. It didn't falter. It yanked her right arm closer to its hungry mouth. "No!" Odessa cried out as she felt its breath on her arm.

She kicked her leg back. It successfully made contact with the walkers own leg. She pulled her arm from the walker and as soon as she turned around it took her to the ground.

Both of her blades were knocked away from her. Odessa strained to keep the walker off of her. She grasped for anything to kill the walker with.

Its snarling mouth got closer to her face. She cried out when she grabbed a piece of broken glass. It cut into her palm. Odessa stabbed it into the side of the walkers head.

She gasped as she rolled the walker off of her and laid on the ground, breathing heavily.

Theo rushed to her aid and helped her up. "Are you okay? Are you bit?"

"No," she shook her head. She looked around the cell block, all of the walkers were dead and the people who lived in the cell block were gone. "What the hell happened?" She questioned.

"It wasn't a breach," Theo answered her. "Couldn't have been."

"Nah," Odessa shook her head. "Violet, the pig, she died yesterday and I saw a walker outside with blood trails down its face. Like it was bleeding from its eyes."

"So what then?" Theo's brows furrowed.

"Maybe it's some type of sickness," she shrugged. "I'm no genius."

─────────

"Patrick was fine yesterday, and he died overnight. Two people died that quick? We'll have to separate everyone that's been exposed," Carol said to the council.

"That's everyone in that cell block. That's all of us. Theo, Odessa. Maybe more," Daryl said.

"We know that this sickness can be lethal. We don't know how easily it spreads. If anyone else show symptoms that we know of?" Hershel asked the other four.

"We can't just wait and see. There's children," Carol responded. "It isn't just the illness. If people die, they become a threat."

"We need a place for 'em to go. They can stay in D. We can't risk goin' in there to clean it up." Hershel spoke.

"We can use cell block A," Carol suggested.

"Death row?" Asked Glenn. "I'm not that's much of an upgrade."

For the first time since the attack Cole spoke, "it's clean. That's an upgrade. Think that'll work for Dr. S?"