CHAPTER TWO

༻✿༺

sexual content warning!

"feel that?"

BEX:

"Let's play spoons."

Fez sat on the couch while Ash and I sat in his room, monitoring the cameras. Kind of. Whenever Fez locked us away to have his alone time we never really...got shit done. Mostly because Ash was a competitive little shit and I refuse to lose to a 12-year-old. I enjoyed having a good relationship with my boyfriends' brother though. If I was going to be a part of his already less than normal life I've got to put to show I care. Because I do care deeply about Ash just as much as Fez.

Spoons was our favorite game to play together. Fez could never keep up so it was just the two of us that usually played. The way spoon works is there's a rotation of cards from a deck in the middle of whoever's playing, players have to try and pull four cards from the deck that match, and whatever cards you don't keep, you pass to the next person. Whoever gets all matching cards first wins. Usually, there are actual spoons involved, but we just played without.

"Ready?" I asked, handing Ash his four cards.

"Yeah, ready to win," he replied, looking at his hand.

"Shut up," I said before pulling the first card from the deck and starting the game. It was very fast-paced. I had two four of hearts so all I had to do was pull two more before he could match his cards. Ash was always so aggressive whenever he started, he practically threw the cards at me so I don't let him start anymore. Just as I pulled a fourth card to match-

"Four of a kind, baby," Ash said, showing his hand.

"Fuck you, we're playing again."

And we did. Again and again, until I won.

"Wait, I need that card," I said, reaching back for the card I just passed to Ash. "Give me!"

"No, I'm--I win," He said, revealing his hand with the card he just took. I reached for the card back, but he pulled away, pushing me with his other arm. "Back the fuck up!"

"No, you're such a cheater!" I yelled back, grabbing him by his ear and squeezing as hard as I could.

"Rebecca!" He yelled as loud as he could, but it only made me laugh, falling back on his bed as he threw the cards at me. "You play too fucking much," he said, leaning forward to gently smack my head. I smacked him back and the two of us began wrestling. Somehow, he was stronger than me and managed to restrain me.