"You still havn't answered my first question," I said again before I got distracted with the way his hair fell on his forehead. His hair must grow fast as it now appeared longer than before and almost reached his eyes.

"Fine," he gave in "I like it here and come down quite often to get away from it all," he finally answered and I felt guilty again for prying into his life without even telling him my real name. He didn't seem put out, however, and smiled warmly at me and his eyes seemed to be lit up from behind.

"Please, my Lady, do take a seat," he gestured to the small bank after sitting himself down. His address of me gave me a spook which he clearly noticed.

"You don't have to sit if you don't want too, Poppy, I'll understand," he added nervously and a bit disappointed as he jumped up. I quickly realised he had only been fooling around so I plonked myself on the grass opposite him

"I'd be honoured my Lord," I covered quickly and he smiled in relief as he sat down again and hugged his knees.

"How have you been? I havn't seen you down here again since we met," He asked and I realised he must have been looking out for me. I shook my head in response to his comment. I really should get down here more often, it calmed me to no end or maybe that was just the effect Rob had on me. He made me feel calm and relaxed whilst still as excited as a young girl inside a dress makers for the first time. Butterflies flitted around my insides in a delightful way, responding to Rob's presence.

"I have been perfectly content," I started, but then decided to be honest-I might as well be on one account as I had lied to him on all others.

"Well, actually, I've been rubbish" I finished truthfully. He looked at me with his sincere deep eyes questioningly, but I looked down to show him I was unwilling to talk about my reasons.

"How have you been Rob? Is your family fine?" I asked, genuinely interested in how life had been treating him since last we met, unlike my mock sincerity when asking this question to countless nobles. He shrugged as if to say he couldn't really complain.

"Much the same as usual. My younger brother has taken on a job as a farm hand in time for harvest in a few months and I have applied for a job too," he seemed excited about the last part, but I didn't want to pry further then I had already.

"What book have you been reading?" He asked me, but there was an odd expression in his eyes. I looked down at the volume on my lap and sighed happily. It was my favourite so I took no time in beginning to describe in great detail the ins and outs of the story line along with my personal opinions on the characters and situations described. The conversation moved on from books quickly when I had finished but continued to flow easily and fluidly until it had gathered even the most trivial comments and built them into a dialogue that I would repeat in my head a million times.

"...and that is why I hate frogs" I finished the lastest topic about amphibians and my words quickly disappeared as I once again looked into Rob's eyes which were gazing at me smiling. My eyes dipped down from his eyes to his full pink lips. I licked my own nervously and quickly glanced down at the water and toyed with the hem of my plain white dress.

I felt rough fingers on my chin gently tilting it up till I was facing him again, but this time he must have been stood in the stream knee deep as his face was right in front of mine; I could feel his breath tickle my cheek and he was looking intently into my eyes searching for something. He seemed to find it in my wide eyes and quickened breathing as ever so slowly he pressed his lips to mine in what was my first kiss. I was so shocked I didn't respond.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Poppy. I've wanted to do that ever since I first met you and you're so gorgeous and I'm so so so sorry. Why am I so f*cking stupid?!" He rambled on and realised what he has just said, "I shouldn't have said that, I should not have said that in front of a girl! Please forgive me Pop..." I cut him off by pressing my lips against his again. At first he was surprised but soon he realised what was happening and put his arms around my waist pulling me closer to him until we were both stood in the middle of what was the divide. What the hell am I doing? A little part of my brain asked, but most of my thoughts were occupied analysing how good Rob's feather light kisses felt against my previously un-kissed mouth.

When we both had run out of breath I quickly stood back onto my bank as my dress was getting soaking wet and becoming heavier. I dropped on to the grass and was surprised to find that Rob had copied my actions and was again sat opposite me with a huge self satisfied smirk plastered on his face. I shyly smiled back, blushing furiously.

That was the moment I remembered I was unofficially betrothed to the Prince.

That was the moment I once again ran from the meadow,

From my momentary burst of happiness.

From Rob

<3

Author's Notes

So guys, what do you think? I brought back Rob into the story because I was missing him and don't worry he will continue to be in the story until the end! If anyone has any suggestions, ideas or constructive criticism then don't hesitate to message me or leave a comment. Thanks so much for reading. Please comment and vote if you like it!

Gabi <3