Prologue

© 2014

~ ~ PROLOGUE ~~

4 years ago

Scratching, shrieking and scraping along with cries were heard. But no calming voices...to soothe me. Because I was in the Forest. All.Alone.

My body was vibrating. It started out slow in the morning but as the day continued, so did the vibrant shakes. They got more violent and anger steamed its way out of my ears all day today - snapping out harsh replies to the most friendliest conversations.

I am here, in the forest, right now because it calls to me since my birth. It's the most natural feeling for me. But today was off. Every bone in my body felt like twisting and snapping and remodeling itself. How? Well nature baby. It's who I am. A werewolf. The Beta's daughter.

This is my first shift. Usually one pack member accompanies the new shifter during the first transformation but my pack is not here. They left town last week to finish up some serious rogue business leaving me at my grandma's house. Apparently, they assigned her for my first shift and guess what? she forgot? Uh no! she said "Those who fight on their own, bring light to their own." Like what the hell is that supposed to mean? I'm not some kind of a warrior.. well not yet.

Back to my shifting process, it hurt like hell. Tears were streaming down my face, literally feeling myself snap into two inside, like how you see a twig would. "Aaaarrgghhh". This was it. My life was going to change forever. No more going to human public school with my bestfriend Olivia. No more pretending to be a blinded human to the world's reality.

My body started to twitch as I fell to the forest ground scraping myself. My breathing started to accelerate rapidly and my eye lids became heavy. Soon they were closing and I was pulled into the darkness.

"Awaken Lola Taylors. Daughter of Beta David" Purred my inner wolf minutes later.

My eyes snapped open to see a new furry me.

I started to run into the forest further, experiencing my first run that will lead to many paths in the form of battles in the future for me. Best of luck Lola, I thought and finally let my inner wolf take over.