Chaoter 25: 🌊⚔️Dual-wielding⚔️🌊

Imagine getting drunk while being high. <—not me!

Kaitsuki: "Actually, I've been thinking about it for a while and...... I wanna try using two katanas."

An awkward silence filled the room. Shinobu was stunned. However, this did make a lot of sense. Kaitsuki, who was ambidextrous, could have an advantage of using two swords.

Shinobu: "But, you've been using one katana for two years now, won't it feel weird to have to use two?"

Kaitsuki: "Not really. I've been using my slightly more dominant right hand to hold my katana more often than my left. I've always had enough strength to carry it with just one hand. My left feels useless in battle, so I want to make full use of my abilities."

Shinobu: "But we don't have an extra katana."

Kaitsuki: "Don't worry about that. I asked Dekido to make me another one about two weeks ago, and I've already received it."

Shinobu: "I-Is that so? You really are prepared. Well then, you should go ask Inosuke for some tips. He's currently here recovering from an injury. He should be in his room right now."

Kaitsuki: "Perfect."

Kaitsuki walked over to Inosuke's room, only to be greeted with the sight of him jumping up and down on the bed mattress like a kid. Kaitsuki stared for a solid 5 seconds, while he showed a description of "bruh" on his face.

Kaitsuki: "Hey. Inosuke."

Inosuke: "Ah! W-What do you want H-Haikuki?"

Kaitsuki: "I wanna try using two swords, just like you. So can you give me some tips?"

Inosuke: "Tips? Hm...... that would be... don't forget that you have two swords. You have two, and not one. I'm not sure how to explain it."

Kaitsuki: "You mean... I should build the habit of having two swords instead of just one?"

Inosuke: "Exactly! Nice interpretation there my junior! Having two swords is good, but there are its flaws where you need to know and fix. For example, having two swords means faster hits, but it also means that you can accidentally hit your own swords. So you need to work on muscle, control of your body and hand coordination. Do that and you'll be unbeatable like me!"

Kaitsuki: "I see. It makes total sense. You know, you give much better advice than Tanjiro does."

Inosuke: "Haha! Of course I do! I am the best advice giver ever!"

Kaitsuki: "I didn't say that. Anyway, then how do you train?"

Inosuke: "What do you mean?"

Kaitsuki: "How does a duel wielder train?"

Inosuke: "Muscle training, duh? I need the strength to swing two katanas- one on each hand. But I also practice striking against stuff as quickly as possible."

Kaitsuki: "Hm..."

Inosuke: "Speaking of training, I gotta go do mine now. Here I come!"

Inosuke put on his boar mask and made a beeline for the courtyard. There he tied ropes around two big rocks and made a loop on the other end of the ropes. He threw the rope over a string and sturdy tree branch and started pushing down with all his might. Not even half a second had passed but he had already started sweating.

Inosuke: "ARRRRRHHHHHHH!!! COME ON! GOTTA GET EVEN STRONGER!!!"

Kaitsuki stood there watching him. He also wanted to try training like Inosuke, but there weren't any other rocks to lift. So instead, Kaitsuki folded his top clothes down to reveal a ripped upper body. and started to do single-handed push-ups, alternating each hand after every push.