"Me-YEOW! That hurt what gives?", the cat cried. So much for being tough, I stifled a laugh.

"Consider it tough love," a man came into the room, he was wearing what looked like half of a black plague mask, a top hat, and a suit that had a lot of feathers incorporated into it. Ah, so his Gift has something to do with birds, I conclude in my thoughts. The man turns to me but doesn't not seem pleased. "Ah, I've found you at last. Splendid. I trust you're one of this year's new students? My, were you ever eager to make you debut. And bringing a poorly trained familiar with you? That is a clear violation of the school's rules."

"As if I'd serve some lowly human! Now lemme go," the cat complained as the bird man picked him up. Wait... Did the bird man say new student, school. Oh, crud, I wasn't allowed to attend school in Encanto, just what did I do?!

"Yes, yes. Rebellious familiars always say that. Do be quite for a bit, won't you?" The bird man sighed.

"Mmmmrph," normally I would be against the way the bird man manhandled the cat, but the cay did try to burn me alive, so Imma just keep my mouth shut.

   "Dear me. Of all the students I've dealt with, you're the first with temerity enough to open their own gate and step out of it. Does the very notion of patience elude you?" The bird man continues talking ignore the squirming cat he is holding. I admit, I'm not exactly the most patient, but that doesn't mean he can throw big words at me. "No matter. Your orientation has already begun. Let us return to the Mirror Chamber."

   "Student... Gate... Hold on now, what nonsense are you spitting right now?!" I exclaimed. "I'm surely not a student and I don't even know that furball you're holding. He tried to steal my clothes!"

   "You awakened in a room full of gates, did you not," the bird man asks. Did he just ignore what I said? "All of the students here at the campus arrived by passing through such gates. Although typically the students have restraint enough to wait until I open them before waking up."

   "Oh, that was the cat. His flames popped open the lid. I tried to move it myself but it was too heavy for me," I explained.

   "The culprit appears to be that familiar of yours," the bird man said, 'understanding' what happened. "You're the one who insisted on bringing it, so curtailing it's behavior is your responsibility! But now is not the time for such prattle. You've a student orientation to attend! Go on, now. Make haste." The bird man picked up speed and I had to jog to keep up with him. I still had plenty of question though.

"Wait!! Can you at least tell me where I am and who you are," I huffed. I really hope that the man would at least answer those questions.

"Hm? Have you not fully regained consciousness?" The bird man slowed his pace a little in confusion. "The timespace teleportation must have addled your memories... Well, these things happen, I suppose. I shall explain it to you while we walk. Truly, my magnanimity is boundless." Once we hit the courtyard, the bird man stopped walking and clears his throat.

"This is Night Raven College. It is an institution for students the world over who demonstrate a rare aptitude for magic," the bird man starts. Wait, what's magic. Is it like having a Gift. Is that why I'm here, to finally be able to use my Gift?! "It is the most prestigious academy of its sort in all of Twisted Wonderland. And I am Dire Crowley. Having been entrusted with its care by the chairman, I serve as headmage."

"What's magic? Is it like a Gift," I asked. I had some other questions about what he said but I figured that this was the most important.

"Only those who the Dark Mirror perceives as having a talent for magic are admitted to the college, but I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'gift'," Mr. Crowley explained though he muttered the last part, but my fox ears were able to pick it up. So magic isn't like a Gift, I would like to see this so called 'magic'. "Those who are selected are summoned to the campus through those 'gates', which can appear anywhere. A black carriage being one such gate should have come to meet you."

"So that's what those horses were doing, they looked kinda funny to me though," I said. At the time, I didn't think twice about those funny looking horses.

"That black carriage serves to receive a student chosen by the Dark Mirror. It too bears a gate that connects to this campus," Mr. Crowley continues, "and as you know, sending a carriage to meet someone on a special day is a time-honored tradition."

"Uh, a time-honored tradition... WHERE?!" I can't believe this, I'm getting nowhere with this man.

"Mmfff! Mmmmmmfff!" The cat started to struggle again.

"Now, let us attend to you orientation", Mr. Crowley says and rushes off again in the direction we were traveling in. I'm getting tired of all this running. When I get my hands on that stupid cat, I'm gonna hang it from the ceiling.

A/n-

I figured since y/n lives within Encanto, she has learned a bit of Spanish from spending time with the Madrigals. I'm not that fluent in Spanish and a bit rusty, so some of the Spanish might not make sense, but I'll try my best to be as accurate as possible.

   Sorry if it's a bit short.

Thanks for reading~