3. I Dino What To Tell You

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I'm fine. Hurry to it."

With one last glance at her Owen left the cage and followed the previously summoned security guard out of the enclosed habitat.

Right. Time for business.

Stevie checked on her raptors making sure all were well and accounted for before checking all the locks on the incubator cage. After she cleared them she made sure to spend a few minutes with each hatchling to solidify her presence in their minds. She kept an eye on her surroundings the whole time.

Nearly half an hour had past but it felt like two hours to her. Once she was sure she spent enough time with each one, she securely locked the incubator cage and headed out, using her handprint to unlock the sealed concrete exit door. Once in the flow over room she entered the passcode to the observation room. Inside was several computers and monitors as well as a weapons locker.

She had access to pretty much everything but being as it was only her third day on the job she didn't yet remember how to access any of it.

-

She left her home town with a heart full of dreams and a box full of pizza. The boat ride over was way longer than she ever wanted and she was dying for it to end but at the same time dreading what might be on the other side.

Once she arrived to the island she was met by an executive assistant who escorted her to an official looking building and she ended up stuck in meetings all day. Not her favorite. She had been introduced to Claire Dearing, the park operations manager, and pretty much followed her around the rest of the day until she showed her to her new temporary home, a hotel room. By hotel room I mean the nicest hotel room Stevie had ever laid eyes on. Two lovely queen size beds with a big fluffy comforters. A nearly full kitchen with a microwave, fridge, and a bar. A full sized bathroom, a dining area and table, a mini living room with a fullscreen tv, and the best part of all, a balcony with the most incredible view.

Claire gave her an agenda for the next day that came with locations and a map, a radio, and a dining room pass before leaving.

At that point in the day it was too late to go out and do anything so Stevie enjoyed having the room to herself and got ready for bed before plunging into a blissful sleep. (After convincing herself that there were no dangerous dinos on the island and none of them could reach her up here.)

-

Stevie figured out how to turn on the large screen and it opened straight to a live feed of the cage. She glanced over to the observation window to double check that it was, in fact, live.

"Okay okay now..." Her eyes scanned around the edges for some kind of obvious symbol to take her where she needed to go, while her fingers tapped back and forth everytime she took a wrong technological turn.

Eventually she found what she was looking for, saved camera recordings from the past couple of days. It seems there were only eight days of videos and the eggs didn't get put inside the cage until the third video stream. Stevie fast forwarded the videos until the eggs showed up. There was nothing so far except a couple of engineers doing last minute work and a couple of gardeners installing plants. It showed one guy run into the cage and opened it up and they lowered in the incubator in with a crane. Stevie watched carefully but the man on the ground just secured the cage before exiting. The next couple of videos were blank. Nothing but the wind in the trees and occasional shifting of eggs. Once a day an inspector came to check on the eggs but Stevie didn't see him open the cage once.

At a loss she shut off the video and walked over to the window. Only a day in and she couldn't protect her baby's... It made her more scared than she thought it would. She needed to be in control, particularly in situations such as these, and now she was far from it. She didn't even know where to start.