Chapter 2

At the end of the day, Yeji was still dumbfounded that Ryujin was back. She often found herself looking at her or zoning out thinking about her during class.

When she went home, she took a shower and plopped on her soft bed.She sighed to herself then stared blankly at the ceiling. In times like this, when she overthinks, she always listens to old songs. After Ryujin introduced her to old songs, she learned to like it. She found comfort and familiarity in those songs.

As she was going through her cassette tape collection, she saw the cassette that Lia gave telling her it's from Ryujin. Ryujin wrote on the cassette,

"Songs that I listened to while falling in love"

The songs on the playlist were;

• Can't take my eyes off you (Frankie Valli)

• Close to you (The Carpenters)

• Best part (H.E.R)

• Please love me forever (Bobby Vinton) • Till there was you (The Beatles)

When the song began, it made her feel mixed emotions. Yeji layed in her bed and relaxed as the songs being played gave her pure nostalgia. Memories from 5 years ago flashed through her memory.

The joy of meeting her and the regret she felt from breaking her heart.

As the song was playing, she sat up to read the letter again. It's been a while since she last read it.

"My dearest Yeddeong,

I don't know if you'll read this or if you'll accept this letter since I ruined our friendship but...trying ain't a bad thing, right? I wanna tell you something that I cant tell in front of you because I might chicken out especially when I know you'll hate me for this. I know you love old songs and so do I. The truth is...everytime I listen to the songs on the cassette, you're the only one that I could think of because it reminds me of you. Those songs made me realize that I'm falling for you."

Yeji bit her lip then hugged her knees closely trying to keep her tears at bay. She continued to read,

"I actually heard about you before we met despite being in a different class back in 6th grade. You're the girl almost all boys had a crush on and you're the girl that every girl wants to be friends with. At that time, I haven't seen you since I don't socialize

Yeji remembered how cold-hearted she was when she knew Ryujin is gay and has feelings for her. Guilt and regret was all she felt right now.

"The first phrase that I said was I Love You, right? I realized why I've said it...maybe it wasn't an accident..maybe because...deep down...my heart knows that you're the one that I'll fall in love with. I'm sorry for being selfish...for ruining our friendship...but I never regret loving you and choosing you to be the one that I'll love despite knowing the risks...because you're worth risking and you deserve all the love in the world. You'll always be my Yeddeong that holds a special place in my heart.

I don't know if I'll be back...I don't even know if you and me are still friends but I'll make sure to smile at you and start a new beginning with our friendship if I have to.

Love, Ryujin

Once she finished reading, Yeji was starting to get emotional. She burries her face on her pillow while crying.

She remembered the time when Yeonjun courted her. Everyone thought that they're getting together. After all, the two hang out a lot especially when Ryujin left. What they didn't know is that Yeji never had feelings for him.

"Yeji, I like you a lot."

The two were at the park hanging out when Yeonjun began his confession. Yeji knew he likes her of course, but she only sees him as a friend.

"Yeonjun...I'm sorry but-"

"Stop." He interrupted then smiled dejectedly. "I know you don't feel the same but...I just wanna let you know. I don't want to regret not telling you how I feel."

Yeji knew she should've done the same but she wasn't brave enough to accept the fact that she's falling for her. She was scared because she thought it was wrong to fall for her bestfriend. To fall in love with a girl.

And the fact that her parents might find out and separate them if they knew.

Yeonjun looked away from her then smiled to himself. He knew who Yeji likes. Boys their age may usually be dense but not him. He knew but for once, he wanted to try and win her heart. In the end, he failed. Yeji was already falling deep for her best friend.

"I guess you love Ryujin."

Yeji knew he was right and that there's no point denying. She smiled softly then took a deep breath. For once, she wanted to be true to herself.

Deep down, she was trying to bury her feelings for her. However, she can't deny the fact that a tiny part of her was excited and happy when Ryujin came back. But...does she still love her? or was all she felt back then was just a mere puppy love?

When she found out the Ryujin left for California, she was devastated. She wanted to take back what she said to her. She always finds herself crying in her room at night missing her bestfriend each day.

If only she wasn't a coward back then, maybe things would've been different for them.

But now that she's back, will destiny give them a chance?