“Wait a few more days, I’ll pan-fry some tea for you to drink.”

He Changdi didn’t actually take Chu Lian’s words to heart. Even the most valuable Zhengshan tea doesn’t pique his interest. What kind of tea could his wife produce that would beat that?

Thus, He Sanlang just gave her a half-hearted grunt of acknowledgement.

When Chu Lian turned around and noticed his cold, rigid expression, she asked in a displeased tone, “He Sanlang, don’t you believe me?”

“Of course I believe you.”

“Your reply was too half-hearted!” Chu Lian rolled her eyes and shifted to an upright sitting position. “I’ll have to make you eat your words when the time comes!”

He Sanlang smiled slightly. His wife really possessed an abnormally stubborn attitude towards anything to do with food.

After he was done drying her hair, He Changdi casually tossed the towel to the side and pulled Chu Lian into his embrace with one long arm. He buried his head into the crook of her neck and took a deep breath. Then, he asked, “What exactly happened today?”

Chu Lian knew that he was going to ask sooner or later, so she told him everything without holding back any details.

He Changdi’s thick brows drew together into a frown and his expression became increasingly grim as he listened. It seemed like Xiao Bojian wasn’t going to give up that easily. However, he wasn’t going to give that bastard any opportunities either!

Setting the matter of Xiao Bojian’s participation aside, he had the same question as Chu Lian. Why would Chu Qizheng plot against his own daughter?

He Changdi was afraid that Chu Lian would be hurt by her father’s actions, so he didn’t bring up his suspicions with her.

“Lian’er, you probably don’t know this yet, but your Fifth Sister’s marriage prospects aren’t going very well.”

Miss Su was older than Chu Lian and she had already turned seventeen with New Year’s passing. However, there still wasn’t any news regarding her marriage.

Since Chu Lian had married well, it should have been easier to find a groom for Miss Su. However, it was precisely due to the comparison with Chu Lian’s marriage that the eldest madam of the main branch became pickier. There had originally been several suitable families asking after Miss Su, but Eldest Madam had rejected them all in secret.

Thus, her engagement had been delayed till the New Year had passed and was still undecided even now. Miss Su turned a year older, so her choices had also narrowed… At this rate, it wasn’t looking good for her marriage.

Chu Lian recalled her encounter with Miss Su at the Ying Estate earlier today. Her figure looked thin and weak, and her complexion was ashen. Compared to the last time they had met, Fifth Sister had become a whole size thinner.

Was Eldest Aunt-in-Law the one behind Miss Su’s strange actions…?

She was deep in her thoughts when the feeling of something moist and soft on her neck jolted her back to reality. Chu Lian immediately came back to her senses and leaned away in an attempt to avoid He Changdi’s affectionate actions.

Chapter 552: Mutton Soup (

Chu Lian heard He Sanlang tell her in a hoarse voice, “Don’t go to the Ying Estate anymore.”

Chu Lian nodded. She shared the same sentiment.

Her mother had passed away a long time ago and her own father didn’t even like her, let alone Old Duke and Duchess Ying. She wasn’t the original ‘Chu Lian’ either, so House Ying was like a stranger to her. It would be better to have as little contact with them as possible in the future.