A Short Trip

Zhan's offer of a trip came as a surprise to Yibo, but he felt a glimmer of hope at the prospect of a change of scenery.

"Okay, Zhange. I don't have a problem but where will we go?" Yibo inquired, curiosity and a hint of anticipation in his voice.

"I'm an actor, so if we roam around the city freely, my fans will identify me. We can go to a village if you want to." Zhan suggested, considering Yibo's need for privacy.

Yibo nodded, grateful for the thoughtful consideration. "Okay then, Zhan ge, send me your address, I will pick you up from there then."

Zhan hesitated, concerned about inconveniencing Yibo further. "But will you be okay with that?" he asked, wanting to ensure Yibo's comfort.

Yibo reassured him with a small smile. "Yes, I'll be fine."

"Okay... see you later... bye... take care, and if you feel sad, feel free to call me," Zhan said warmly, his genuine concern evident in his voice, offering his support to Yibo in his time of need.

.

.

.

Wang Yibo went straight into his brother's room.

"Gege, I want to ask you something"

Xichen glanced up from his desk, surprised to see his brother entering his room with a determined expression. "Yibo, what is it?"

Yibo took a deep breath, steeling himself for the conversation. "Brother, this weekend I'm going for an outing with Zhan ge. I came to inform you."

His brother's eyebrows lifted in interest. "Oh? Xiao Zhan? The actor you did the photoshoot for?"Yibo nodded. "Yes, it's him."

Xichen leaned back in his chair, a smile playing on his lips. "That's great news, Yibo. You've been through a lot lately, so spending time with friends will be good for you."

Yibo returned the smile, relieved by his brother's supportive response. "Thank you, Xichen ge... I just wanted to let you know."

Xichen nodded in understanding. "Of course, Yibo. Have a good time, but remember to take care of yourself, especially with your injury."

"I will, Xichen ge. Thank you," Yibo replied gratefully before turning to leave the room, feeling lighter and more hopeful than he had in weeks.

.

.

.

The Trip Day,

Zhan rubbed the sleep from his eyes as he answered the phone, his voice groggy with sleep. "Yibo...?"

"Zhan Ge, I'm outside of your condo, are you ready?"

Zhan's heart skipped a beat as he glanced at the time. It was later than he'd expected. "I... I'll be ready in a few minutes, Yibo. Just give me a moment."

Yibo's understanding tone brought a sense of relief to Zhan as he scrambled to get ready. "Bo di.. actually.. I..I.."