Dinner was great and even though Joe was a terrible cook on his own, he wasn't too bad as a sous-chef. After dinner Joe, my mom and I sat around the living room talking about what the future held for Joe, Riley and I. Riley was fast asleep in Joe's arms as mom and I were drinking a bottle of wine.

"So you'll spend 5 days a week here and then weekends at your place?" Mom asked Joey, trying to clarify the plan we had made earlier in the day.

"That's the plan anyway, just to see how it works out. I would like us to be under the same roof 24/7 but I still need to learn the ropes of being a dad first. Maybe in a few months we'll have a place together," Joe shot me a sweet smile.

He rubbed his hand over Riley's back in slow motions, just like he'd do to me when I couldn't sleep. Just watching him throw himself into dad mode so quickly, made me feel so incredibly comfortable and proud of the decision I made for him to be my baby daddy and boyfriend? If you want to call him that. I wasn't joking when I said Joe was meant to be a dad, he had known Riley for a total of 12 hours and was already doing so well.  Being a single mom was rough and I pray for all the single moms out there that they find their person one day. Hell, I didn't even know all the ins and outs of parenthood but I was excited to learn and tackle it all with Joe by my side.

**********************

Instagram post from Brynlee;

liked by joeyb_9, dashwhitlock and 2,834 others

brynkwhitlock; don't let this picture fool you.. joey threw shredded cheese at me right after this🙄

joeyb_9: chef bk in the house!! thanks for always cookin' for me good lookin' 🤤

dashwhitlock: I don't know if I trust y'all with that food..🥴

user287: they claim they're just best friends... but does anyone else notice that he's kissing her neck?? ADORABLE

view all 250 comments

*******

Instagram post from Joe;

liked by brynkwhitlock, bengals and 20,456 others

joeyb_9; everyone's fav besties are reunited & are taking on cincy together

brynkwhitlock: hehe cincy should be scared to have us back together😈

bengals: glad to have you here joe!

oliviaholzmacher: so this is what you left me for? hmm interesting🤔

view all 1,485 comments

Author's note;

Hmmmm I smell drama coming ;)
I didn't get as much written during my Spring Break as I would've liked but I guess it is what it is, I'll be writing the best I can over the next 8 weeks of the semester. If I don't get as much out as y'all are hoping, please bare with me! College and writing two books is a very hard thing to do. If you haven't already, please check out my Dak Prescott book, if he isn't your cup of tea I totally understand. Just figured I'd put a little self promo in here. ;) Enjoy this chapter my loves :)