Welcome to Wakanda

Start from the beginning

Their tongues fought for dominance, each trying to claim the other as he staggered over to press her against the closest sturdy wall. Refusing to let her push him away anymore than she already had he tried to show her how much he was sorry. How much he loved her and how much he needed her. As much as he wanted to give her the space she needed he couldn't let her go without fighting for them. He would back off, but he would be nearby if she needed him. After several minutes of fighting him Veronica gave up and let him win. The hold she had on his hair went from punishing to tugging to bring him closer.

Before he could lose all control he broke away with a gasp, setting her down on shaky legs. Giving Veronica a hard look he told her, "I love you, but I'm done sitting back watching you slip through my fingers. If I have to share your love and affection then I'll learn to live with it, but I'm not going to lose you." Cupping her face he leaned down to kiss her one more time leaving her breathless before walking away to grab his shield and exited the quinjet.

+++

Ronnie's POV

Shocked to say the least by what just happened and what he told her about sharing her Ronnie half slumped against the wall thinking to herself, what the hell just happened? In all of the time that she's known Steve she's seen him express every emotion from happiness to sadness and everything in-between, but never had she ever seen or experienced that level of desperation. It was like he'd just snapped and honestly the demanding way he'd taken her had sent her labido through the roof. At first she was angry that he would kiss her again without her permission, but she could taste his need for her on his tongue the longer their kiss continued.

Touching her kiss-swollen lips she stood there in a daze. It wasn't until her brother spoke that she even realized that she wasn't alone anymore. "Mini, are you okay? What's got Steve all worked up?"

Looking up at him she stood up straight raking her fingers through her disheveled hair trying to not look like she'd basically just been ravished while they all were mere feet away. "Hmm, what? Yes, I'm fine, I-"

Laughing a little hysterically Ronnie cleared her throat and started over. "It was nothing. A little disagreement is all. Um, I'm going with Bucky to Wakanda. I don't know if you had a chance to talk to King T'Challa, but he says his sister has a way to help get the shit Hydra put in his head out."

Furrowing his brow he glanced at her and then back out at Steve and the others. "I thought you were going back to France for a while. Is going all the way to Africa a good idea right now?"

Going over to take his hand in hers she tried to get him to calm down. "Bubba, I'll be fine. In fact I think this is exactly what I need. No work, no Avenging. Just some time to myself while I help a friend."

Pursing his lips he clicked his tongue as he tapped the end of ner nose. "A friend, is that what you're sticking with? I happened to see the footage from the kitchen last night." Blushing hard with embarrassment at what she knew he had seen between her and Bucky, she opened and closed her mouth floundering for a moment.

The realization then dawned on her that he had probably seen Steve go into her room last night as well and that neither he or Buck had left it until this morning. Feeling slightly violated she shoved him a little. "Jesus Christ, Tony, really? You've got your cabin under video surveillance?"

"I've got every property I own under surveillance, Veronica. Inside and out with the exception of the bedrooms and the bathrooms. You've got by my count, two super soldiers and a god chasing after you, little miss and you seem to be receptive to all three of them. Wanna tell me what's going on?"

Pouting, she crossed her arms as best she could, in his borrowed coat. "It's complicated and no I don't. Hell, I don't even know what's going on half the time myself."