don't touch that dial p.1

Start from the beginning

Emma resists sleepily, crying from being over tired.

"Sweetheart, don't cry." Wanda sighs, picking Emma up and putting her in her lap.

"I-It woke me uppp!" Emma cries through the pacifier in her mouth.

"I know, baby. I'm sorry..." Wanda rocks her gently, hoping to get the tired girl back to sleep and avoid a sleepless night of crying.

"Go back to sleep, Em." Wanda coos, standing up from the bed and pacing around the room, bouncing Emma softly.

"Wanna sleep wif ou!" Emma cries, holding onto her mothers dressing gown tightly.

Wanda doesn't hesitate in walking back to her and Vision's room with Emma still curled into her, too tired to fight with her on the matter.

She knew if Emma didn't get back to sleep she would be really grumpy tomorrow, so Wanda wanted to get her back to sleep ASAP.

She walks in and sees Vision re closing the blinds that she had opened a few minutes before.

"Hello, sweetheart." Vision smiles sadly at Emma who had stopped crying, but was still upset at being woken.

"I know you hate being woken up, honey." Wanda kisses Emma's head gently. "I'm sorry."

Luckily for both parents, Emma was starting to fall back to sleep due to exhaustion.

Wanda gently sets the girl in the middle of the now double bed, before getting into her side and turning the lamp off.

Vision does the same on the opposite side, turning his own lamp off so the room is dark once again.

"I think that's quite enough shenanigans for one night." Vision whispers, laying down next to his daughter.

"Agreed." Wanda smiles, feeling Emma's body move closer to hers in her sleep.

"Goodnight, darling." Vision leans over Emma and pecks Wanda's lips.

"Goodnight, Vis." Wanda returns the kiss, before pulling away and laying down, letting sleep take over her.

~~~

It was the next morning, and Wanda and Vision were practicing for the talent show that afternoon, while Emma slept in.

"Ladies and gentlemen, for my final trick, I bring you the Cabinet of Mysteries." Vision gestures towards the kitchen door dramatically, but nothing happens.

"Darling, that's your cue." He calls.

"Did you say, the Cabinet of Mysteries?" Wanda asks through the doorway.

"I said, The Cabinet of Mysteries." Vision repeats, just as dramatically.

"Oh, that's my cue." Wanda chuckles, wheeling a huge cabinet into the living room.

"Holy Toledo!" Vision cries, looking at the cabinet. "Darling, do all the other acts in the talent show have such elaborate props?"

Wanda scoffs. "Are you kidding? Fred and Linda are building a moat and a fully functioning portcullis and no one even knows why." She sighs. "Let's keep going."

"Yes, yes. Where was I? Um..." Vision pauses to think for a second, before leaping back into character.

"Watch closely as I, Illusion, Master of Enigma, make my captivating assistant, Glamour, disappear." He spins around and Wanda steps into the cabinet, with a dramatic gasp.

"You really are very dashing." She flirts, standing in the cabinet.

"Mmm, thank you, darling." Vision grins, shutting the cabinet door.