Alone time

Just so you know I'm gonna use "padre" as a gender-neutral name since in Spanish "padres" means "parents". I know in the singular it's used just for "father" but let's pretend without the "el" it can be neutral.

Also, pretend that you have hair you can tie if you don't.

_______________________________________

The marketplace was unusually full. Everything was flying off the shelves and you tried not to get lost in the crowd. Someone pushed you out of the store resulting in you stumbling over to the street. You groaned dusting off your clothes. Your basket almost flew out of your hand. You would've thrown it on the ground if a pair of hands didn't cover your eyes.

"Guess who," a low voice sang sweetly into your ear. A sigh escaped your lips before they formed into a soft smile.

"Hm, I don't know,"  you teased. "Mirabel?" The hands shifted from slightly bony ones to softer and gentler. They uncovered your eyes which were met with the blinding rays of sunshine. The person from behind came into your view with a smile. The silhouette of Mirabel Madrigal covered up the sun. "That's a pretty good disguise, Camilo," you laughed. The boy shifted back to himself with a smug grin.

"I know," he chuckled, "unrecognizable. But speaking of Mirabel, I got some ribbons from her and Dolores. If you're free we could do our hair," he offered.

"I'd love to!" You smiled. "But I need to buy things for lunch and the crowd's too crowded and..." A strong gush of wind flew by tearing out your basket. Thankfully Camilo caught it before it could disappear into the town streets. "The wind's very strong today. Is there some kind of celebration that I don't know of, that could make your mum anxious?" A soft chuckle escaped Camilo's lips as he handed you your property.

"Not as far as I'm aware. Maybe she's just reading an exciting book. Or maybe..." he looked around suspiciously before locking eyes with you and leaning closer, "... It's just how today's weather is," he whispered. You burst out laughing. He let out a laugh and moved away with a sly smile. "I have a proposal. We'll go to your parents to tell them the market is full at the moment and ask if we could spend some time together."

"Hmm... If you'll be able to convince them we won't be causing trouble then sure," you grinned. Camilo returned the smirk and took your hand in his, pulling you through the busy streets of Encanto.

***

"Hola Señor/a L/n!" Camilo called out to your parent when you walked into the living room. They were reading a book you bought them a few days ago. They looked up at you two their expression changing to a kind smile when they saw Camilo.

"Buenos días you two, are you done with the groceries?" They asked. You sent Camilo a glance, but he kept his smile giving your hand a reassuring squeeze. Oh right, he was still holding it.

"About that Señor/a, the stores are full right now and I was wondering if I could hang out with Y/n for an hour or so. We'll go back for the groceries in no time!"

"Oh, I don't know..." they hummed putting the book down. It seemed they were considering the pros and cons of you two hanging out.

"Por favor, padre!" You pleaded with your parent. They seemed undecided until their gaze fell down between you and Camilo. They raised their eyebrows before smiling softly.

"I guess that would be fine," your parent said picking up the book again. Both of you celebrated silently and went to the door. "Just keep the door open when you're alone!"

"Padre!" You managed to shout back before closing the door. The faint laughter of your parent filled the air as Camilo pulled you along the streets of Encanto. It wasn't a long walk from your house to la casa Madrigal, but running full speed was still pretty tiring. When you finally stood before the entrance both of you panted out of exhaustion. You laughed leaning on Camilo for support, which didn't help a lot since he was also wobbling.

"Come on, we still have the stairs," Сamilo straightened. You groaned when he dragged you along the house, through the corridors of doors.

"Hola," Dolores whispered when you passed her. You waved at her before Camilo closed the doors to his room. At the moment it didn't have any windows so the only source of light was the few candles placed here and there. 

You flopped onto the bed with Camilo sitting next to you. "Can I do your hair first?" He asked.

"Eh, yeah! Sure..." you smiled. He grinned digging into his pockets as you turned around. You were now facing a mirror decorated by a golden frame. It wasn't well lit but you still managed to see yourself and Camilo in its reflection. When he fished out the ribbon from the pocket of his pants you passed a hairbrush that was laying nearby.

"Thank you!" He exclaimed pushing your hair so it was now fully on your back. He scooped it into his hand gently, his cold fingers brushing against your skin sending shivers down your spine. "Sorry."

"Your hands are cold," you mumbled. He only smirked and started brushing your hair. You soon relaxed into the bed and closed your eyes allowing him to style it however he liked. After a few minutes, you felt his hands leave your hair and slide under your arms, around your waist. He rested his chin on your shoulder and whispered into your ear: "Abre los ojos."

You complied looking into your reflection. Camilo had tied your hair into a simple ponytail. Before you could comment on it in any way he grabbed a flower from behind and placed it behind your ear. "It's perfect," you grinned. Camilo's eyes brightened and he pressed his lips against your shoulder. 

But just at that moment, the door creaked open reviling Dolores. "Don't do anything perverted. Remember, I can hear you," she whispered.

"Dolores!" Camilo yelled throwing a pillow at her. Before it had hit her though she shut the door causing the pillow to fell softly onto the floor. Camilo muttered a few curse words under his breath and focused back on you. Your giggles filled the room making the boy chuckle himself despite the fact his face was still crimson red.

"My turn!" You smiled. You switched positions with Camilo allowing him to clearly see himself in the mirror. You brushed his soft curls while humming a calm song. When you were finished you grabbed the ribbon that was laying next to you. It was a little more difficult to tie his hair than you've realized but you were able to anyways and with a proud grin you tied a barely visible bow to finish it off. "Do you like it?"

"I love it," he beamed turning his head to the side. 

"If you want to we could try doing each other's makeup," you suggested.

"Sure! Oh, but wait a moment." Camilo ran out of his room leaving you on the bed. He came back a minute later with a few brushes and palettes. "I borrowed Isabela's"

"She's gonna be so mad at you," you said suppressing a giggle. Camilo shrugged and placed the stuff in front of you. You made him sit still with his face vividly visible in the candlelight. He closed his eyes allowing you to put a finger under his chin and lift it up.

Thankfully the palettes weren't used too often so you had a bigger choice of colours. You decided on a very dark brown. It was difficult to focus being this close to someone's face especially when they flattered their eyes so much.

"If you're not gonna keep your eyes closed I'm gonna accidentally put the shade on your eyeball," you warned him. He hummed in response seemingly deep in thought. "Why do you even need to keep them open?"

"Cause you're just so astonishing I can't get my eyes off you, mi vida," he whispered. You felt your cheeks getting hotter by the second and turned your head away biting back a smile.

"That's cheesy."

"I can see you liked it." He kissed your cheek, then lips. You kissed back with a chuckle resting your arms around his neck. The moment would probably last longer if not for Isabela's irritated shouting that was getting closer and closer.

"Any last words?"

"Do you think jumping out of the window would be more dangerous than confronting her?"

_______________________________________

Here it is :) I noticed there weren't that much of other family members in the chapters so here are Dolores and Isabela. Now I need to go to sleep cause I have the last mock exam tomorrow. G'night

Word count: 1434