Chapter 3

Chapter 3

~Jack’s POV~

I hated flying.

I was a wolf. I am meant to be on the ground, either running in wolf form or speeding down the road in my Aston Martin Vanquish. That’s another thing I hate about flying. I had to leave my baby at home, stored in the garage. Turning my head to look out the window, I sighed.

The loudspeaker came on and the Captain announced our decent into Greeley, Colorado. I perked up at that. The pack I would be visiting is just to the west of Greeley. They are situated around the Rocky Mountain National Park.

I had spoken to Alpha Matt before booking tickets to fly out here. Someone is supposed to meet me at the terminal to take me to the Wolf Pack main house. I always chuckle at the name of their pack. They can’t help it though. The founders were Ute Indians, who believed that the first werewolf was a spirit who could take the form of a wolf and his name was Wolf. This spirit also had a twin brother named Coyote. According to legend, Coyote would constantly get Wolf into trouble with their antics, until Wolf wised up and cut ties with his twin. Striking out on his own, he found a beautiful human woman and fell in love. They married, settled down and had children, thus started the Wolf Pack.

I just hope that I don’t have to endure some ridiculous ceremony when I reach their territory. I never know anymore when it comes to other packs.

When I first set out to find my mate, I came across some packs that had you challenge other wolfs in order to mate with one of the females. Another wanted me to go on a hunt to prove my skills as a provider. One Alpha, even begged me to take his daughter off his hands, even though she was not my mate. He claimed she was going to drive him crazy with her antics if someone did not take her from his territory, and soon.

Last I heard, she had found her mate when a pack from Russia came for a visit. Now the Alpha complains every day that he misses his daughter and wants her back home where she belongs. I chuckled at this thought as I disembarked the plane and made my way through the terminal.

Spotting a sign with my name on it, I headed that way, a sandy haired teenager, who was currently arguing with a mirror image of himself, was holding the sign. Both boys wore t-shirts with band names that I have never heard of and baggy jeans. I noticed they had coats over their arms, and nodded. It was the first part of December. Being wolves we had higher body temperatures and the cold did not affect us, but in order to blend with the human population we had to wear cumbersome coats during the wintertime. Otherwise, people would start to ask questions.

As I got closer, I noticed the boys were identical from the haircuts to the shoes. The only way to tell them apart was they wore different band member shirts. I chuckled again, they must drive their parents and teachers crazy.

Now standing in front of the boys, I waited for them to notice me. They were too busy arguing about a prank they wanted to pull on someone named Emily. I’m assuming she is either their sister or a close female friend. Deciding the make my presence known, I cleared my throat.

The boys paused mid-stream and slowly turned to face me. It was kind of creepy actually. I could see they had dark blue eyes as they assessed me.

The one to my right broke the awkwardness first by sticking his hand out.

“Hi, I’m Dave, you must be Jack, the Beta we are meant to pick-up.” I shook his hand and waited for his twin to say something. Dave nudged his brother with an elbow to the stomach. The boy grunted and finally broke from his reverie.

“Sorry,” he said sticking out his hand in turn. “My name is Daniel. Our father is expecting you.” He let go of my hand and turned to leave.