Chapter Forty-Three

L       I        E     N

Loud music, a crowded pool, people hyping up to dance to the DJ's music as the party went wild—Lien was on the side, silently watching the crowd, looking so bored. She was at Kailey's place, sinama siya ni Syx, when the others decided to host a pool party for colleagues and friends; even Ara was invited, kahit na they were really just outsiders in Syx's circle. Kailey reassured them that the party was open to everyone they knew and friends with them, mapabusiness man or a close friend's girlfriend, you're free to come, so walang problema sakanila ni Ara kahit mag-gate crash sila. Although Lien was used to this, she was still a little bit off. She never stayed this long at a party; usually, when she attended one, she would stay a little bit and then ditch it. Now is different because she's with her girlfriend, and as much as she hates socializing with those entitled people, mukhang kailangan niyang tiisin. She just thanked God for Syx with her kanina dahil she doesn't like how those men stare at her; they eye Lien like she's the most appetizing food in the crowd. Lien couldn't even hide how disgusted she was with those men, even Syx too, kaya hindi umalis sa tabi n'ya ang girlfriend para walang makalapit sa kanila ni Ara, but that's not until Tate called Syx for a quick meeting, naiwan tuloy siya kaya Ara.

"Wala ka bang napapansin?" Ara suddenly spoke.

Napatingin tuloy si Lien sa pinsan n'ya, bulong lang kasi yung tanong nito halatang ayaw iparinig. Nilibot niya ang paningin sa paligid trying to find anything weird, wala naman siyang napapasin na kakaiba bukod don sa mga lalaking tingin ng tingin sa kanilang dalawa ni Ara. They better not come near them, or else, she'll use Mom's card just to scare off those disgusting men.

"Napapansin na ano?" She asked back, her gaze lingering a little longer on Ara before sipping on her margarita, which was courtesy of Kailey. Ynoah's girlfriend really made sure that they could at least enjoy their drink.

She frowned when she saw Ara look hesitant before sighing. They just stayed at the less crowded place, sa gilid ng pool. Hindi sila nakikisali sa mga nagpaparty, wala din kasi sa mood si Ara ever since they arrived, which she finds odd. At ramdam nyang may mali talaga on the way Ara scanned the whole place like she was looking for someone, on whom? She doesn't know.

"What is it, ba?" she asked again, getting a little curious about what had been bothering her cousin. Hindi kasi mapakali ang mukha ni Ara sa tabi n'ya, and Lien gets worried that someone harassed Ara when they weren't together earlier. If yes, then who was it that she could tell her mom right away? Harassment was something Lien hated the most, and she hated it more when one of her cousins might become a victim of it. She won't really hesitate to take legal action.

Ara took a quick look at the two girls not too far from them bago pa nga sundan ang tingin nito ay mabilis na siyang hinila ni Ara papasok ng bahay ni Kailey. Nagmamadali pa nga ito at hindi napansin si Ynoah na kinawayan sila mula sa living area, nadadaanan kasi nila 'to. Lien just mouthed sorry at Ynoah, dahil busy na sa paghila sakanya yung pinsan nya at wala nang time for them to stop by and have some chichat on Ynoah.

"Wala ka talagang napapansin lately?" Ara asked once they arrived in Kailey's kitchen. Walang tao sa loob, only her and Ara, lahat ay na side may pool area. She wonders where her girlfriend are. Nakalimutan nya 'tong itext.

"Lien," Ara called again, which made her snap back.

Lien looked at Ara with a little frown, getting a little annoyed at what this was all about. Wala siyang alam tungkol sa tanong nito. Wala rin naman siyang napapansin na kung ano—wait, ah, there's one.