"I wasn't really part of that," Morph said. "You'd have to ask the others... I know he hates them still... He seemed to hate Likstar and West also."

"That twig?" Sabretooth said. "Heh, she saved his sorry life. Goes to show."

"I think I'm missing some context..." Mystique said strangely.

"I'm just as lost as you," Morph said.

Sabretooth wasn't interested in fighting them; he had little to fight them over. "Where's Wolverine...?"

But right then, Shine came racing out (Kurt found her first).

"Well..." she said, "it really is him... Hello, Tony."

"Quit calling me that," Sabretooth snapped. "Well, if it isn't the little b---- I came to find."

"What? I thought you said you wanted the X-men," Morph said.

"So? I don't take kindly to people who try to screw me over," Sabretooth said.

"Must make it awkward to look in the mirror," Shine said saltily.

"I remember your lip." Sabretooth extended his claws. "I told ya I'd find ya one day."

"Yes, you came to the home of your worst enemies for revenge on a person you met one time," Shine said, crossing her arms. "And I let you go, to boot. Does ingratitude just run in this family? You're all the same: You want to strike at anyone who sees you vulnerable, even if it's to help you."

"Shut up," Sabretooth snarled. "You talk a big game, but I bet you're not really powerful after all."

Shine's eyes flashed gold.

"Well, you really don't know that for sure," she said. "But go ahead, take a swing at me." She was totally unafraid, and it showed.

Mystique wanted to scream at her not to bait a beast like Sabretooth but checked herself... What was she even getting worked up over?

"She is awesome," Morph said admiringly. "But also...probably a little nuts."

"I..." Sabretooth hesitated. "You don't really want me to take you up on that."

"No, I really don't," Shine said, with the air of one who would have considered it a waste of her time, not a threat. "How about you come in and have a seat, and we can sort out why you really showed up. Or you can spend your impromptu visit in our holding cells. Your choice."

"Why, you little--" Sabretooth growled at her. "I'll cut you to ribbons."

He took a step forward.

Mystique actually tried to move, and Morph held her back. "Are you nuts?"

Shine didn't flinch. Sabretooth got right up in front of her.

"You want to push me?" he said.

"Do you want to push me?" Shine answered back, in a very steady, slightly frightening tone.

"I outta..." He stuck one claw right under her face.

Shine just looked up like it was boring. 

"You want to kill me?" she said, like she was asking if he wanted some coffee. 

Her whole demeanor was just too weird to someone like Sabretooth. She was creeping him out, just like she had before.

He pulled back. "You're not worth it."

"I agree, I'm not worth the killing," Shine said. "I'm much more valuable to you alive... Shall we go inside?"

"If this works," Mystique hissed to Morph, "I'll faint."