Dolores story

People talking,babies crying,Abuela talking all these sounds woke me up.

"Great no sleep for me today not even a little rest.Even though I'm blessed with this gift Its almost like a curse  I'm never able to have some time with my thoughts always hearing everyone's problems all the time!!" 

Tears streamed down warm and salty my hands over my ears cuddled up on the floor like a baby. Mariano was on his way I could him him walking I didn't care I just wanted a moment of silence could all the noise just stop?

"Dolores MI Amor I have some erpas from Juileta."  In surprise Mariano dropped the plate and ran towards me he picked me up and stroked my hair 

"Mi amor what's wrong don't cry it going to be okay just breath in and out." 

"Mariano its  not that easy all the noise is too overwhelming I can't take it no one will just be quiet." 

" I know it must be hard for you I can't make your powers go away I can't stop all the noise but I can try and help. Just let me try."

"O-ok"

He pulled me and hugged me very tight then put his hands on my ears and whispered a lulabye. I felt so calm like if I was floating on a cloud the sounds were still there I could hear them but they sounded softer and farther away.

"Dolores doesn't that feel better."

"Oh very much gracias Mi vida."

My stomach started to growl embarrassed I blushed and looked down. 

"oooo sounds like someone's a bit hungry isn't she?" 

In a instant he grabbed my hand and ran out my room he dashed out to the kitchen the family was already sitting at the table Juileta was cooking Luisa was carrying a donkey. Camilo and mirabel were playing tag with Antonio the normal morning as abuela just watched them and smiled. It was warm with a cool breeze mama must be in a good mood. Everything was going well. Then Mariano held my hand and smiled at me then everything was perfect.