MAN GOUGES OUT HIS OWN EYES TO PLEASE GOD

Bagalkot, 2008 - Call it a blind belief or devotion, here is an ardent devotee of Lord Shiva who gouged out his right eye and placed it at the feet of miracle man ‘Shankraiajja’ at Shankarayya Swamy Mutt at Adgal Village near Bagalkot today.

Mudukappa Yellappa (41) a farmer had told his villagers that he was possessed by Shankraiajja. He told his neighbours that his lord demanded his right eye and he obeyed the order of his Lord. In the early morning, he went to the Mutt and performed pooja. Suddenly, he pulled out a knife, removed his eye and put it before the feet of the idol.

Five days later he once again attempted to gauge out his left eye in the wee hours, his family members who were accompanying him in the hospital tried to stop him. But to their surprise Muduakkappa pulled out his second eye too and started chanting bhajans holding the eye in his hands.

The farmer, a ‘Kuruba’ by caste, believed that Lord Shiva would perform a miracle and restore his eye sight and bless him with wealth. A profusely bleeding Mudukappa, who was ruffled even as he chanted the name of God, was later admitted to Kamarsa Hospital in Bagalkot by his family members. According to family sources, he had been struggling to bring up his eight children. His wife also supported him saying that Lord Shiva had ordered him to do so.

Doctors who are treating Mudukappa have said that it was not possible to restore his eye sight anymore and he needed urgent psychiatric treatment. 

Meanwhile, hundreds of people thronged the place of worship and started worshipping Shankaraiajja.

Via Stunning and Interesting Facts that you didn’t know.

Please check the external link.

Ngayon! Alam mo na.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara