Wish I Knew You

This is so long and it's bad.

It was a Friday night, the day both of them met, that day they were not more than two strangers.

Boyfriend was walking around the city, that day he had a little fight with his parents and didn't exactly want to go back, unfortunately, it was already late and the sky was pretty dark, only a few stars could be seen and the streets felt lonely, not a lot of people was out at that hour. Boyfriend was starting to get worried about where he was, when he ran away from his home it was by mere instinct, and didn't really think about it or what he would do later. After a while, he found a bench under the streetlights, since no one was there he decided to rest there.

After sitting down he tried to think about what he should do next, at this point he couldn't even go back home, he was totally lost, he didn't have his phone and couldn't ask for help, it was indeed a horrible day.

Suddenly, under the streetlight, Boyfriend was able to see someone smoking, due to his poor ability to talk with strangers he felt nervous but his only options were asking or sleeping on that bench for this night. Obviously, the bench was a better option but God hates him anyway, instead of staying alone, that guy came to him.

"Hey, excuse me, do you know where are we?" The guy asked politely, "Uh... well, eh... beep..." Boyfriend answered with a nervous tone while trying to avoid any type of conversation.

"So you don't know, well that sucks, can I sit there?" The strange guy asked, Boyfriend, nodded because isn't like he is going to say no, right? Now both of them were on the bench under that bring light, ironically in the middle of the night, "Oh, the name's Pico by the way, and you are?", the conversation has started, Boyfriend considered to just beep his way out of there but, he may be an introvert but never an asshole when it comes to polite people, "Uh... Boyfriend" he mumbled, "Boyfriend? did I hear correctly?" "Yeah that's, that's my name".

Pico was amazed by this, his name was truly something funny, "So Boyfriend, what are you doing here? I was in some type of fight if we can call it like that, it lasted a bit so now I'm here" Pico said with an animated tone which disconcerted Boyfriend for a second, then he realized that question was meant to him, "Well I was just... Walking around and... I lost?" God, that was pathetic, he thought.

"Oh I get you, so we both are lost huh, c'mon we should search for a familiar place, we won't get a solution if we just stay here!" Pico exclaimed while getting up from his seat, Boyfriend understood that walking with someone else was better than doing it alone, but there was something that made him feel nervous beside Pico being a complete stranger, Pico notices it immediately, "Oh! this? It's just a... gun" He just realized what he said and was finally able to see the situation, some stranger comes to you, asks your name and wants you to come with him, in the middle of the night and that guy has a gun, he may be stupid because he didn't think about it before.

"Okay" Boyfriend said while getting up from the bench too, in his head, if he had a gun it means there isn't any problem since they can defend themselves, what's the worst thing that can happen anyway? isn't like this guy is going to kidnap him, blackmail him, murder him or sell his kidney to the black market, nothing can go wrong! the gun is probably just for protection, he thought for himself.

This confused Pico but it was better than explaining to him a 2-hour story about why he is carrying a gun all the time, in the end, both of them started to search for a good place to stay for the night because walking without any idea of where they are is not the best thing to do, after a while, they found a hotel so they decided that was the best option, but there was a problem, Boyfriend didn't have money.

"Uh, Pico? I think we may have a problem... I mean I have a problem" "What is it?" "I kinda don't have any money right now" Boyfriend said with a clearly embarrassed tone in his voice, Pico just suspired and decided to be a nice person, "Don't worry, I'll pay for your room", Boyfriend felt highly ashamed by this but he couldn't refuse, it was a better option than the bench. They agreed to meet each other in the morning so Boyfriend could later pay for the favor, now he had a big interest in Pico because, why would he be so nice to a guy he just knew?

Since that, they became friends, Boyfriend thought Pico was cool and both started to hang out often, and eventually, started to realize the feelings they had for each other, it wasn't immediate, it took like 2 years for them to reach that conclusion but was worth it, it was awkward at first but, eventually, they started to date.

Sadly, their relationship was as long as the last paragraph, they were great friends but a relationship like that didn't work, at least not in its totality, and eventually, they broke up, it wasn't a big deal, they ended in good terms and it was nice while it lasted, they knew that and would never forgive the amazing moments they spent together.

...

It was a Friday night.

Boyfriend was now with his beloved girlfriend, the love of his life, he wouldn't change her for anything in the world, he can surpass death just for her, and she thinks in the same way, they were spending a nice moment near a train station, both of them just talking about many different topics, then, a well-known friend of them arrived. Pico waved to both of them, they are great friends and the topic about Boyfriend and Pico dating is completely irrelevant now. After a while Boyfriend decided to get a drink in one of those machines in the station, he left Pico and Girlfriend alone and this was Pico's opportunity to tell her something important.

"Girlfriend, can I tell you something? but quickly before Boyfriend comes back" "Oh, sure! what is it?", Pico thought for a moment before talking.

"The day I realized I liked him in a special way, I tried to run away you know, I didn't want to be honest about it, I think love is just the sensation of a ghost shitting in your brain so I was being stupid and insecure, that type of emotional trash, our first date was stupid, we felt like total strangers again but the mood eventually changed to a good one, somehow" He said this as he tried to avoid eye contact, he notices that Girlfriend was really confused about what was he trying to say, he is not good with words at times, so he tried to be as clear as possible.

"What I'm trying to say is, you better make him the happiest man in the world , if you break his heart I'm going to make him mine again" He joked, "But seriously, take care of him, he needs you the most, I wish I have known him before, he is amazing", before Girlfriend could answer to this, Boyfriend came back with a few soda cans for everyone, and they spent the rest of the night talking about random topics.

[I know this doesn't match the song at all but who cares]