Chapter 4 - Tokyo Smoke

Start from the beginning

"Y/n? You're that new vigilante?" Kazushi weakly said, dazed, but still able to recognize my voice

"We can talk about that later, but for now we need to get you help." I said

"I-I'll be fine for the moment. Focus on the others fir-" Kazushi said before he started to gasp, holding onto his throat, seemingly unable to breath.

"Come on. Why is it that the one person I was trying to kill the most is still alive?"

I turned and saw that walking towards us with an open box of matches was the arsonist that keeps appearing on the news, Kaen Kimura. From what I understand, he specialized in causing gas fires, igniting whole buildings with one spark.

"Kill? Well, I guess I'll figure out why you were going after him later. For now, you need to surrender" I said, holding the ring towards him

<Willpower>

"And why the hell are you able to breathe? I thought I removed the oxygen around that bastard." Kaen said

"Let's just say I'm special." I said "Now how about you put your hands behind your back and I'll take you back where you belong"

Kaen smiled and said "Nah, not until I get my payback."

Suddenly I heard Kazushi no longer choking, and as I turned back to face him, Kaen lit a match and tossed it towards me. Not a moment later, the air the match touched burst into flame, and an explosion knocked me back. As I landed beside Kazushi, Kaen tossed another match towards me, and I created a spherical shield around the two of us to protect us from the blast, but even then the blast cracked my shield. Kaen's eyes widened for a moment before he pulled out another match.

My brother, the only family I have left, could die here, all the people caught under the destroyed bridge could die, and it's all this bastard's fault. And worst of all, he doesn't even seem to care! To him, he has control here, and he isn't going to stop those blasts of his until they're all dead. He needs to pay, he needs to suffer just as much agony as all these people are feeling.

As I saw him hold up his next match, I felt my mouth salivate, and a flavor like sulfur and oil filled my mouth

<Rage>

—----------------------------------------------

To all bystanders, as Kaen Kimura prepared to toss another match and set the air itself ablaze, a red streak of light flew from the wreckage, and charged into him, Kaen disappearing as the streak heading into the sky, the only sign of him being there a second before being a box of matches falling where he once stood.

Naoki, his mind clouded and filled with rage, had tackled Kaen and carried him off into the air, his hand holding Kaen by the throat, his saliva dripping and falling onto Kaen's shoulder and sizzling as it burnt his skin.

"L-let me go!" Kaen said, grimacing from the pain

"And why should I do that? After all the pain you've caused others you can't take some pain yourself?" Naoki said, spitting as he spoke, it splattering and burning Kaen

"Why? Why can't I suffocate you?" Kaen screamed. Ever since he survived the mistake that was his last fire, the one he'd been paid to do, he'd been able to choke people with a wave of his hands, and cause explosions with a spark, yet he truly was defenseless against the man who had a hand tightly around his throat.

Noaki, using all of his force, threw Kaen onto the roof of a nearby building, and after a sick crack, stood over him.

After recovering for the shortest second, Kaen pulled a lighter out of his pocket and tossed it at the man in front of him who had just landed in front of him. As the lighter hit Naoki on the chest, there was an explosion, and he was blown back. But just as Kaen started to think he was safe, Naoki stood up again, blood oozing from a gash on Naoki's head.